News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

jaklgreen

If you don’t like the jacket design, I’m pretty sure shopdisneys official response is “ok boomer”

The design is very 80s, which is a look that has been making a slow comeback. I can see some younger person liking it. I would not wear it, especially at my age but thinking back, I might have wanted it as a teenager. People wear a ton of horrible stuff that I shake my head at. LOL

JoeCamel

The design is very 80s, which is a look that has been making a slow comeback. I can see some younger person liking it. I would not wear it, especially at my age but thinking back, I might have wanted it as a teenager. People wear a ton of horrible stuff that I shake my head at. LOL
You would have to wear high tops and carry a can of pepsi to wear that thing. So 80's

jt04

💡

They should install those blue uv lights and should program them to activate as a default state when no passengers are on board. Might work with all transportation. 🚃🚄🚅🚆🚇🚂🚈🚈🚊🚋🚌🚍🚎🚁🚕🚟🚠🚡

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That's not news. That's just a press release looking for sales. Everyone knew UVC would kill the virus. Problem is coverage, length of time of exposure, and at no point can you have it shining on humans.

But yes, a UVC will kill corona. So will a soapy rag.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I wonder if they are planning to run the Epcot line starting June 22 to connect Riviera, Boardwalk, and Beach Club.

You mean they're not going to leave Riviera an isolated island of guests with access to just one nice restaurant?!

It's almost as if the gondola system was mostly built just for the Riviera!

jt04

That's not news. That's just a press release looking for sales. Everyone knew UVC would kill the virus. Problem is coverage, length of time of exposure, and at no point can you have it shining on humans.

But yes, a UVC will kill corona. So will a soapy rag.

But the light can be automated which was my point. Or put on the wheels of a robot. Like Wal-Mart utilizes.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
But the light can be automated which was my point. Or put on the wheels of a robot. Like Wal-Mart utilizes.

If it were that simple, Disney and all the other theme parks would be using it.

Exposure time needed is too long for ride vehicles. And you have to make sure the light hits all the surfaces. If people grab a lap bar, then the top and the underside of the bar are possible contagion spots. And so you'd need a light from above and below. It gets complicated. And it's an immediate hazard if anyone is near them when they're on.

It's easier and safer to have hand sanitizers at the load and unload.

jt04

If it were that simple, Disney and all the other theme parks would be using it.

Exposure time needed is too long for ride vehicles. And you have to make sure the light hits all the surfaces. If people grab a lap bar, then the top and the underside of the bar are possible contagion spots. And so you'd need a light from above and below. It gets complicated. And it's an immediate hazard if anyone is near them when they're on.

It's easier and safer to have hand sanitizers at the load and unload.

Oh, I thought it was a technology already in use.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Oh, I thought it was a technology already in use.

Yes. In air conditioning systems to keep things growing on the damp condenser coils. In industrial water purification where they can have huge wattage bulbs blast the water. In smaller water filtration systems (like a koi pond or fountain) where the water constantly gets recycled past the UVC bulb constantly. And as you mentioned, on some commercial sites, where a robot goes slowly goes around irradiating everything overnight when no one's around.

Rather than reading press releases and That Other Site, just do a Wiki search for info.

jt04

Yes. In air conditioning systems to keep things growing on the damp condenser coils. In industrial water purification where they can have huge wattage bulbs blast the water. In smaller water filtration systems (like a koi pond or fountain) where the water constantly gets recycled past the UVC bulb constantly. And as you mentioned, on some commercial sites, where a robot goes slowly goes around irradiating everything overnight when no one's around.

Rather than reading press releases and That Other Site, just do a Wiki search for info.

I'm picturing the tunnel between unload and load at the HM where the doom buggies pass a bank of uv lights each time around. Sort of like an automatic car wash. That might work. Shielded of course to protect cast members.

joelkfla

It is being used by NYC Transit to disinfect subway cars overnight: https://www.amny.com/coronavirus/mt...infecting-program-to-include-full-train-sets/

(Wikipedia is good for getting an overview of a subject, but not a reliable source.)

Rob562

I was once told never to ask a question if I didn't already know the answer.

This suggestion would explain why they have resumed test flights a month before the parks open.

They may also be working out the cleaning plans and procedures for when they reopen. It's one thing to say "you have 25 seconds to wipe down all touch points in a cabin" and quite another to try it while the system is running and all the cabins are in motion.

My warehouse is reopening in a couple weeks, and despite coming up with all sorts of plans and contingencies, we know some of the nitty-gritty details about how we'll modify our procedures can't be fully worked out until we're actually back and working in the space.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom