News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Disstevefan1

Thanks so much for the info. We booked two nights of our 8 day trip at POP simply to utilize these and now I may be rethinking it. I don't mind heights when I am on ride going fast but just dangling there might not be my thing.

We all remember the fiasco where folks were stuck in the air for 3 hours, but it’s been a long time since we have heard folks being stopped in the air. Now a days the longest is about 10 minutes once in a while.

TrainsOfDisney

The Epcot line is the worst, in my experience, for bounce and sway. For one, it’s the longest so you’ll notice it more. It also goes up higher with no tree lines to block the wind.

It’s also the most likely to slow down or stop a few minutes... if you stop on the Epcot line and you’re up above the road or somewhere with nothing blocking the wind, it can bounce pretty good.

I personally still ride it and enjoy it, overall, but that’s a fair warning.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Epcot line closed tonight. Probably for the rest of the evening per cm.
773A878E-AB19-4C00-8504-109706AE2A51.jpeg

Touchdown

It was having major issues yesterday, I got on at Rivera heading to CBR. It stopped 3 times in quick sucession (less then a minute of normal operations between breakdowns with the longest pause being about 10 min. The third time it broke down, I had thankfully safely touched down at CBR.

Goofywilliam

Thanks so much for the info. We booked two nights of our 8 day trip at POP simply to utilize these and now I may be rethinking it. I don't mind heights when I am on ride going fast but just dangling there might not be my thing.
Your worry is completely valid. I usually have no problems with heights and the gondolas did make me feel unsettled for a few seconds when I rode them for the first time. I will say that it does get better once you become accustomed to the height and the slight swaying motion. I would give it a try if I was in your shoes! The few times I had the opportunity to ride them they were very efficient and I ended up really enjoying the new experience!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It was having major issues yesterday, I got on at Rivera heading to CBR. It stopped 3 times in quick sucession (less then a minute of normal operations between breakdowns with the longest pause being about 10 min. The third time it broke down, I had thankfully safely touched down at CBR.
Rode it 3 times today back and forth between Epcot and Studios, not a single stop. Then again it was very empty.

Goofyernmost

Rode it twice last week for the first time in forever. First day was 86 with a feel like of 91. It was very comfortable inside. Second day was 52 with a feel like of 45. The slats were closed and it was also very comfortable. No stops and a pleasant ride.
Wow, no complaints about it in 14 days. The next thing you know people are going to start thinking it isn't such a bad idea after all.

The real rescueranger

Wow, no complaints about it in 14 days. The next thing you know people are going to start thinking it isn't such a bad idea after all.
My wife who originally told me that she would never ride it, finally gave in and rode it from Epcot all the way to Studios. When she got off, she told me she loved it and didn’t know why she was scared. She even said she hopes it is expanded. We even rode it during a strong wind advisory. You could hear the wind howling but couldn’t feel it.

trainplane3

View attachment 451500

Hasn't it been opening at 7:30 already?

joelkfla

Hasn't it been opening at 7:30 already?
Yes, ever since DHS went to 8am openings.
If they want to get a BG for Rise, they’ll want to be leaving before 7:30 though.
Yes, people should plan to be at bag check by 7:30 to be sure of getting thru thru the gate and ready to roll by 8. Getting there at 7:45 by boarding Skyliner at 7:30 at Pop might or might not make it.

Goofyernmost

Yes, ever since DHS went to 8am openings.

Yes, people should plan to be at bag check by 7:30 to be sure of getting thru thru the gate and ready to roll by 8. Getting there at 7:45 by boarding Skyliner at 7:30 at Pop might or might not make it.
On the not so bright side, by next weekend, when we switch to DLS Time, It will still be dark at 7:30. It will change after a few weeks, but there it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom