News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Has the opening of the Riviera Resort affected the operations of the Skyliner at all? Have they been purposely sending empty cars for guests boarding at the Riviera station?

Kamikaze

My nephew school bought large containers of Ice cream from Costco and then ordered several dozen churros also at Costco.

they carefully cut the churros in quarters and then sold "churros n cream". They sold the cup for $2 and In less than an hour they had sold over $1000. They made almost $3000 in three hours because they ran out. Some of these schools really need to be a bit more creative and not force children to sell expensive Candy, pies, cookies.

While a fantastic idea, its definitely not legal. They would have to actually repackage the finished item and go through proper procedures for getting it approved by the local health department. I realize its a fundraiser, etc, but the health code is a major reason why schools and other groups stick to simple packaged items.

ImperfectPixie

While a fantastic idea, its definitely not legal. They would have to actually repackage the finished item and go through proper procedures for getting it approved by the local health department. I realize its a fundraiser, etc, but the health code is a major reason why schools and other groups stick to simple packaged items.
Tell that to all the PTAs that host bake sales.

Kamikaze

Tell that to all the PTAs that host bake sales.

Not the same. They aren't taking someone else's prepared food and reselling it as their own. When you modify the item is when there is the issue. Most states do not have laws preventing the sale of items prepared in one's own home if it is not an official business. Other states require permits to do so. In this case, they are taking someone else's items and modifying it. That is definitely against the law.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Has the opening of the Riviera Resort affected the operations of the Skyliner at all? Have they been purposely sending empty cars for guests boarding at the Riviera station?

Its Space A (aka available) boarding, so if there are not 8 passengers in a car, they fill it with what makes sense. EVC/Wheelchair loads are not considered as they have to be filled by scale weight so they are skipped.

Kamikaze

Its Space A (aka available) boarding, so if there are not 8 passengers in a car, they fill it with what makes sense. EVC/Wheelchair loads are not considered as they have to be filled by scale weight so they are skipped.

Interesting. Even during morning peak? Obviously closing doesn't matter because the amount of people getting on at that time isn't high.

ImperfectPixie

Not the same. They aren't taking someone else's prepared food and reselling it as their own. When you modify the item is when there is the issue. Most states do not have laws preventing the sale of items prepared in one's own home if it is not an official business. Other states require permits to do so. In this case, they are taking someone else's items and modifying it. That is definitely against the law.
Sooo...cookies that have mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in them? Or trail mix made with M&Ms, Chex cereal, etc.? Ice Cream Socials?

I'm not trying to argue...just illustrating that when it comes to schools and fundraising through bake-sales, etc. that stuff happens. Also, we're talking about schools here (even the churro ice cream was for a school) ...not businesses.

Kamikaze

Sooo...cookies that have mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in them? Or trail mix made with M&Ms, Chex cereal, etc.? Ice Cream Socials?

I'm not trying to argue...just illustrating that when it comes to schools and fundraising through bake-sales, etc. that stuff happens. Also, we're talking about schools here (even the churro ice cream was for a school) ...not businesses.

Again, thats a different thing. You are making the cookies yourself, using other ingredients. Look up 'first sale doctrine'.

jaklgreen

My nephew school bought large containers of Ice cream from Costco and then ordered several dozen churros also at Costco.

they carefully cut the churros in quarters and then sold "churros n cream". They sold the cup for $2 and In less than an hour they had sold over $1000. They made almost $3000 in three hours because they ran out. Some of these schools really need to be a bit more creative and not force children to sell expensive Candy, pies, cookies.

When I was in HS, the popular thing was to get donuts and sell them before school started. They set up a table by the entrance and the groups could use it to sell their food stuff. Of course now, they try to keep "healthy". We all had junk food and soda machines at our school and were healthy.

jaklgreen

That only counts for commercial resale, not a bunch of kids earning money. That is like saying that a kid need a health inspection for a lemonade stand.

Kamikaze

That only counts for commercial resale, not a bunch of kids earning money. That is like saying that a kid need a health inspection for a lemonade stand.

Technically, they do. Its happened. Often enough that Country Time has a program where they pay the fine for the kids.

But the kid with the lemonade stand is NOT the same thing. They are not taking someone else's food and repackaging/reselling it. Thats the issue, not selling your own food.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Technically, they do. Its happened. Often enough that Country Time has a program where they pay the fine for the kids.

But the kid with the lemonade stand is NOT the same thing. They are not taking someone else's food and repackaging/reselling it. Thats the issue, not selling your own food.
I don't know of anyone who makes a "churros-n-cream" product. Putting those together kind of makes it "their own food."

Phil12

I don't know of anyone who makes a "churros-n-cream" product. Putting those together kind of makes it "their own food."
Where I live, you can't walk twenty feet without running into a Churros & Cream truck:
1576783459939.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom