News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

There is a difference between your neighbors child knocking on your door to ask for your participation or purchase some cookies to help support their association versus a door to door salesman selling vacuums or trying to convince you to replace your roof.

The child is learning valuable skills ranging from group participation to social confidence. Its a shame you "disrespect" and "resent" a child who is simply learning to become a more stable and confident person and you would rather shun them and not guide them. But hey, the child will most likely be ok and wont have any issues sitting in a gondola next to a few strangers without needing to pop a pill or complain on a forum online that companies such as Disney should cater to their lack of confidence.

Lots of other ways to teach kids valuable skills than to ring people's door bells and pressure them into sales.
Matter of fact a valuable skill to teach is to not ring people's door bells and pressure them into sales.

Incomudro

Where we live, the parents are always with the children and usually stand back and allow the child to handle business. But we also have the stands in front of local business as well. The only downside to that is after a few months, you have had different kids out their trying to sell the same thing to you for the 100th time. Either way, I enjoy participating and even if Ive got enough cookies I will donate dollar but only after tell the kid they gotta convince me. Ive had many fun exchanges with the kids and been thanked by many parents for making them actually work for it.

I hate the kids being located outside of local businesses too.
Not the kids themselves - but the adults that put them there.

Incomudro

There is a difference between your neighbors child knocking on your door to ask for your participation or purchase some cookies to help support their association versus a door to door salesman selling vacuums or trying to convince you to replace your roof.

The child is learning valuable skills ranging from group participation to social confidence. Its a shame you "disrespect" and "resent" a child who is simply learning to become a more stable and confident person and you would rather shun them and not guide them. But hey, the child will most likely be ok and wont have any issues sitting in a gondola next to a few strangers without needing to pop a pill or complain on a forum online that companies such as Disney should cater to their lack of confidence.

I don't disrespect and resent the child.
I disrespect and resent the adult who uses them in this way.

ImperfectPixie

I don't disrespect and resent the child.
I disrespect and resent the adult who uses them in this way.
I'm not a fan, either...even though we participated for Scouts. Even worse...our local schools have jumped on board the "let's sell stuff no one wants or needs to raise money!" train. This year it's been candles and of course, Christmas stuff.

Incomudro

I'm not a fan, either...even though we participated for Scouts. Even worse...our local schools have jumped on board the "let's sell stuff no one wants or needs to raise money!" train. This year it's been candles and of course, Christmas stuff.

I should be clear, that I smile and give to those kids every time I encounter them, as long as I have cash.
(I don't always have cash because I use debit cards almost exclusively)

Heppenheimer

So just to be clear... if a Girl Scout knocks on the door of the gondola at the transfer station should I, or should I not buy a box of thin mints? Asking for a friend.
Thin mints and those chocolate peanut butter cookies, yes. Anything else, tell her to move along, and if she doesn't, call 911 so that the whole system stops while they rescue you from this monster.

ImperfectPixie

I should be clear, that I smile and give to those kids every time I encounter them, as long as I have cash.
(I don't always have cash because I use debit cards almost exclusively)
Oh, I do too when I'm able for the same reason. I find it really bothersome that the PTA is trying to get parents and kids to sell stuff though...I'd rather pay for the kids to wash my car (which they did once) or just write them a check so they get to keep all the money.

Movielover

So just to be clear... if a Girl Scout knocks on the door of the gondola at the transfer station should I, or should I not buy a box of thin mints? Asking for a friend.

wednesday_girlscouts1.gif

Goofyernmost

Finally, they have copied an A Team procedure to relieve anxiety. Does anyone remember how Mr. T hated to fly so if they had to go someplace out of the area they would inject him with magic juice and knock him out for the duration of the flight. Well, someone in management had a day off and managed to see a rerun of that show and came up with this idea which will be put in use immediately. The new system is set up so that as soon as you sit on the bench seat a computer controlled system will find your personal butt location and inject you with a knock out potion that will keep you off in la la land until you are entering your destination. Upon arrival a second injection will bring you instantly back to consciousness and you can live happily every after, anxiety free and ready to continue on with life. Brilliant, what could possibly go wrong with that!!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes, at the front desk or concierge of every Disney resort. They may also have them at them park Guest Relations, but the ones out and about at the theme parks are park-specific.
Just remember that everything is subject to change without advance notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom