News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Monorail_Orange

Just wait until they start peeing in a bag in front of you for 3 hours.
Could be worse...no bags on the monorail.
whip.gif

Last edited:

Markiewong

Have you personally witnessed this? A recent report from Pop said they were starting at 8am, regardless of EMH.
When the skyliner opened with DHS MH from 6:00 they opened the line at 5:45. The morning magic hours were an assumption.

However if Epcot has evening magic hours they do extend the operating hours (I have used the skyliner for evening magic hours, not the morning).

It seems that the hours change everyday, they display the operating hours with cards on a white board at the station everyday and I’ve seen them being extended/shortened during the day aswell.

Markiewong

Personal sized enclosure.
It's psychologically different to be in a small space with just two or so other people than to be in a larger space with lots of other people.
You can’t stand in the skyliner unlike the monorail. They sit across from you with quite some space between the two parties. The skyliner cabines feel way more open in comparison to the monorail. There are also less people per cabine since the skyliner has cabines moving constantly. I spend 2 full weeks at Disney and my biggest party was 8 people at the end of the day at Epcot.

Lift Blog

Last edited:

Incomudro

You can’t stand in the skyliner unlike the monorail. They sit across from you with quite some space between the two parties. The skyliner cabines feel way more open in comparison to the monorail. There are also less people per cabine since the skyliner has cabines moving constantly. I spend 2 full weeks at Disney and my biggest party was 8 people at the end of the day at Epcot.

Regardless.
There is a psychological difference for most people where it is more uncomfortable to be in a more intimate enclosure with just say two people who they don't know - than it is to be in a larger enclosure with many people who they do not know.
That's the way it works for the vast majority of humans.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Regardless.
There is a psychological difference for most people where it is more uncomfortable to be in a more intimate enclosure with just say two people who they don't know - than it is to be in a larger enclosure with many people who they do not know.
That's the way it works for the vast majority of humans.
Well, passing the flask around can do a lot to assuage that alienation.

joelkfla

Doppelmayr has inked another large theme park order in Mexico similar in scope to the Skyliner project. 5 lines, four miles in length, D-Line with glass floors.

The cited release actually says five stations; I didn't see the number of lines mentioned. "By Winter 2020." That gives them 3 1/2 months. I guess the stations will be a lot less elaborate than Disney's.

They also purchased a copy of Mickey's Fun Wheel as at DCA, which itself was an update of the Wonder Wheel which has been in operation at Coney Island for 99 years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom