News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Monorail_Orange

I realize this thread has been around longer than many posters on the site, but I can assure you it has a long track record of being derailed, so the Mods may be getting tired of cleanup duty.
True, but can we really DERAIL a gondola thread? I mean it's not like it's about trains or monorails. More like one of the posts failed to launch from the station causing a pile-up behind it! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Monorail_Orange

but one stuck rider can sure clog up the whole thread :)

Heppenheimer

I've been on this site a few months. I respectfully disagree with other posters sometimes, I've respectfully corrected inaccurate information others have posted, and I've been respectfully corrected when I posted information that turned out not to be accurate (human memory is a fallible thing, after all). I've over all enjoyed reading this website. The key is "respectfully". Don't come out swinging with a persecution complex, and claiming that others are trying to silence you when they were only actually disagreeing, and you might find your experience here a little more pleasant. We reap what we sow.

And ignore posters who are obviously trolling.

And because it will be almost a year before I visit Disney World again, how's the Skyliner doing these days?

Grimley1968

But let's stay on topic everyone.
Please follow your own advice.

Back to the thread topic, if I may:

Now that the Skyliner is operational, but the Riviera Resort is not open yet, has anyone seen how room is, or will be made on the EPCOT line for future guests who board at Riviera? Are they leaving some gondolas empty at EPCOT and CBR to allow Riviera guests entire gondolas to themselves, or will they try to squeeze additional passengers at Riviera in already partially filled gondolas from CBR and EPCOT?

trainplane3

Now that the Skyliner is operational, but the Riviera Resort is not open yet, has anyone seen how room is, or will be made on the EPCOT line for future guests who board at Riviera? Are they leaving some gondolas empty at EPCOT and CBR to allow Riviera guests entire gondolas to themselves, or will they try to squeeze additional passengers at Riviera in already partially filled gondolas from CBR and EPCOT?
I can't remember who it was (@tirian, @Magic Feather?) said one of the plans may be to send small groups of empty cabins down to Riviera from CBR so they can keep the line moving there.

joelkfla

On another board, members have reported that cast have been adding Guests boarding at Riviera into cabins that were lightly occupied. Of course, that may change after Riviera opens and the number of Guests boarding there increases. It may also be different around park openings.

I boarded at Epcot with an ecv and asked to get off at Riviera. The cm at Epcot called Riviera and told them to expect me. I haven't tried to board at Riviera with an ecv, but the procedure may be the same in reverse: the cm at Riviera calling Epcot or CBR station and asking them to leave a WAV empty, and the receiver of the call saying what number cabin to watch for.

Clamman73

Something I observed yesterday going through the Riviera yesterday was that people were waiting and you could see they weren’t able to get on because the cabs had people in them...It looked like one of the CMs got on their communicator device and maybe he was calling to CBR to tell them send some empties.

A different observation:
Just now coming back to Pop over the water there’s a decent breeze coming down the lake...at one point the cable/cab started to porpoise a bit like you were in the ocean driving a boat in a little bit of a swell...noticed the speed of the line slowed down for a few seconds and it went away. I don’t know if there‘s something in the system to detect that and change the speed.

_caleb

During construction to the Skyliner, I remember seeing cards in the resort guest rooms announcing that the system was coming soon. Is something similar still in guest rooms? Any chance it would have instructions for how to use the Skyliner?

Chi84

Premium Member
During construction to the Skyliner, I remember seeing cards in the resort guest rooms announcing that the system was coming soon. Is something similar still in guest rooms? Any chance it would have instructions for how to use the Skyliner?
There was nothing like that at CBR last week but the TV was turned on to a station talking about the Skyliner. I expect the information is there.

nickys

Premium Member
I think we both said it was considered, but not yet determined. It looks like they decided not to do it, and I hope they revisit that idea.

It could just be they aren’t doing it right now since there aren’t big numbers of guests boarding at Riviera yet.

Once the resort opens I think they’ll have to send empty cabins, especially at Epcot opening. Otherwise there could be long lines forming.

HansGruber

The point is no one even remembered it happened. (And power outages STILL happen, btw).

OK, but a single sampling doesn't mean the scenario is a safe or ideal one. I mean, did you not see that THREE people were sent to the hospital because of this ordeal? If it happened in the middle of August there is the potential that even more people could have been sent to the hospital.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Ruhroh. Stopped. Told people they weren’t loading.
View attachment 422062
Pete Werner from wdwinfo posted this to Facebook

“Got on the Skyliner at DHS going to Epcot. Changed at CBR. Cars stopped midway for 25 minutes. It eventually continues and we got to Epcot, only to be told they were sending us back to Riviera. Just got in an uber at CBR to head to Epcot. It’s been over an hour. Someone said there was a medical emergency, but not sure what happened.”

Not happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom