News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

I'm both scared and astonished by the Pop/Aoa section. It seems to get very close to the water.
The gondola's are about 15 feet above the water so unless there is a tsunami on hourglass lake or a gator with wings it is just as safe as being 25 of 50 feet above it. Even a high wind will not generate 15 foot waves so all's well, stay calm and enjoy life, just for the hell of it.

If there is a gator in that lake big enough to jump 15 feet out of the water it is because someone used chicken scented perfume that day, the gondola's are the least of the problems. There would be a lot of people missing from the resort itself. They have either run in fear or were eaten so the Gator isn't really hungry. It appears that everyone in the Gondola, is protected like they were in a bomb shelter.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney cloaking devices removed.
92718D80-5158-41BC-BCAC-8247C953E98F.jpeg
C6518B14-743F-4F14-BDBB-EE53035B652B.jpeg

Cmdr_Crimson

The gondola's are about 15 feet about the water so unless there is a tsunami on hourglass lake or a gator with wings it is just as safe as being 25 of 50 feet above it. Even a high wind will not generate 15 foot waves so all's well, stay calm and enjoy life, just for the hell of it.

If there is a gator in that lake big enough to jump 15 feet out of the water because someone used chicken scented perfume that day, the gondola's are the least of the problems. There would be a lot of people missing from the resort itself. They have either run in fear or were eaten so the Gator isn't really hungry. It appears that everyone in the Gondola, is protected like they were in a bomb shelter.
Unless Disney decides to hang meat at the bottom of the gondolas expect Gator jumps..
1430761434896269486.gif

Obobru

169 pages and we still have until about Feb 2019 until this is built so at the current rate we will be on around 1200 pages by the time it opens

I wasn't far off on the number of pages when I posted this back in April 2017. Maybe in 2 months this thread and it's unfunny and overdone jokes will finally die.

note2001

We rode again tonight, because we want to get as much time in them before they are filthy. Thankfully, we did not board at (and have to return to) DHS, because that bus line didn't look fun. The Epcot line was also a struggle, although I'm uncertain as to why. It's still a great way to kill some time and enjoy the views.

That all being said, I have a serious question that I cannot remember if it was discussed. Why is there no place at Riviera to separate the ECV cabins? Having to stop to load/unload at that station is going to make this much slower like the omnimover systems in the parks have become.

Edited to save face
I'd guess cost is the real reason they chose not to implement a line for the ECVs, they'd have to do it on both sides, and then there's the timing of placing the cabin back on the main haul rope as a new one is pulled aside.

This certainly will cause the EPCOT line to experience many more stops than any other line, particularly as those DVC owners age and mummify.

Phil12

Maybe a new upcharge experience. A Florida themed Twist on SeaWorld's swim with sharks.
Wildlife observation from the gondolas will be a real treat. I'm looking forward to the guests that are unfamiliar with the Florida gecko to suddenly see a green lizard performing a verticle run up the inside of the cabin. Geckos will be attracted to and thrive in the hot interiors of the gondolas.

DreamfinderGuy

The title of this thread says EVERY possible "What-If?" has been discussed, but I present one that I'm POSITIVE hasn't been discussed yet.

What if the skyliner got a new track that connected to Citywalk with a spur track to Downtown Disney Anahiem? Has THAT one been discussed?

..Okay, I'll show myself out.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wildlife observation from the gondolas will be a real treat. I'm looking forward to the guests that are unfamiliar with the Florida gecko to suddenly see a green lizard performing a verticle run up the inside of the cabin. Geckos will be attracted to and thrive in the hot interiors of the gondolas.

Don't forget the love bugs...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom