News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

Then what if I may ask is your standard of cleaning? A full decontamination team? If so I hate to break it to you but the parks and hotels are a lot dirtier than you probably imagine. Make sure you wash your hands!

My point is, there is not likely to be enough time to clean up food and beverage containers and spills that are left behind during normal operations - if it's even done at all.
People are going to leave their crap behind and others are going to step in immediately behind them.
The way to prevent this is to not allow it on at all.

Movielover

My point is, there is not likely to be enough time to clean up food and beverage containers and spills that are left behind during normal operations - if it's even done at all.
People are going to leave their crap behind and others are going to step in immediately behind them.
Or in actuality they can remove the car from the line when they notice a spill and clean it. This isnt that difficult of a concept to grasp!

joelkfla

Or in actuality they can remove the car from the line when they notice a spill and clean it. This isnt that difficult of a concept to grasp!
Maybe, maybe not. There may not be room for an unscheduled cabin to enter the 2nd track, and doing so could mess up the spacing of cabins. They can't advance the cabins on the 2nd track while a wheelchair is loading or unloading.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe, maybe not. There may not be room for an unscheduled cabin to enter the 2nd track, and doing so could mess up the spacing of cabins. They can't advance the cabins on the 2nd track while a wheelchair is loading or unloading.
It'll take 30 seconds to clean out a fresh spill, and they'll have plenty of time to do that on the extended loop track.

lazyboy97o

Are you just somehow compelled to keep coming up with unfounded, nonsense “problems”? People bring food on the other modes of transportation without piles of refuse everywhere. Load is not immediately after Unload, it is on the opposite side of the station, providing time for a Cast Member to grab a few bits of litter. A gondola with a bigger mess can simply be skipped and taken out of service without a noticeable impact on operations. It can then be cleaned either in the storage/maintenance area or by a custodian who has hopped aboard for a ride.

WallyWorld

Are you just somehow compelled to keep coming up with unfounded, nonsense “problems”? People bring food on the other modes of transportation without piles of refuse everywhere. Load is not immediately after Unload, it is on the opposite side of the station, providing time for a Cast Member to grab a few bits of litter. A gondola with a bigger mess can simply be skipped and taken out of service without a noticeable impact on operations. It can then be cleaned either in the storage/maintenance area or by a custodian who has hopped aboard for a ride.

That ship sailed about 15,000 posts ago......

joelkfla

It'll take 30 seconds to clean out a fresh spill, and they'll have plenty of time to do that on the extended loop track.
The "extended loop track" is for boarding wheelchairs. Cabins are regularly diverted there for loading, possibly pre-designated cabins. The cabins are stopped there for unloading and loading. They can't suddenly move those cabins out of the way to make room for a cabin that needs cleaning. There might be room for one cabin between the switch and the unload position, or there might not be depending on the current state of what's already in there. And what if there's a cabin with a wheelchair coming in right behind one that needs cleaning?

Polydweller

And another method is they could clean a gondola like they sometimes do on the monorail, which i’ve seen several times. On the monorail they either block a section of a car or the whole car so guests can’t enter it. A cleaning staff with cleaning materials and/or cart then rides the car while it travels around the circuit and cleans up the mess. Same thing could be done on the gondolas. Cleaning staff rides the gondola alone, cleans it, and it goes back into service. There are simple ways to do this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don’t know why the cleaning protocol for the Skyliner wouldn’t be much the same as for any other form of Disney transportation: loose litter can be picked up as soon as a leg is completed and anything worse they can take the gondola offline (easy with this system) and clean it more thoroughly. Guests can easily wait 5 more seconds for the next clean gondola if one is too nasty to ride in.

I have never seen CMs pickup up litter in buses and monorail cars at each stop.

Heppenheimer

Ski gondolas usually move through the loading stations slowly enough that the attendant has more than enough time to remove a few pieces of trash before the next group loads.

Can't say I've ever seen a spill that needed to be cleaned up... but then again, skiers usually don't eat and drink on the lifts, and Disney guests are a whole different species of animal...

Incomudro

Are you someone who is always condescending and dismissive when anyone voices a concern that isn't your own?
There's a reason why food and drink are not permitted on many modes of transportation.
To avoid the problem in the first place.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The "extended loop track" is for boarding wheelchairs. Cabins are regularly diverted there for loading, possibly pre-designated cabins. The cabins are stopped there for unloading and loading. They can't suddenly move those cabins out of the way to make room for a cabin that needs cleaning. There might be room for one cabin between the switch and the unload position, or there might not be depending on the current state of what's already in there. And what if there's a cabin with a wheelchair coming in right behind one that needs cleaning?
They unload it at the unload, and it sits for 30 seconds behind the one they hold for 30 seconds at load while they take 30 seconds to dump Smelleze on the protein spill and sweep it up in 30 seconds (or less).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They unload it at the unload, and it sits for 30 seconds behind the one they hold for 30 seconds at load while they take 30 seconds to dump Smelleze on the protein spill and sweep it up in 30 seconds (or less).

The problem with this is that for a car to enter the outside loop, one has to exit the loop to take its place, so you cannot arbitrarily move cars onto the outside loop. The dirty car maybe a position to do this, or it might not.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The problem with this is that for a car to enter the outside loop, one has to exit the loop to take its place, so you cannot arbitrarily move cars onto the outside loop. The dirty car maybe a position to do this, or it might not.
I haven't seen any video that shows the entire extended loop packed with gondolas. But even if it's full, maybe that's what the red/green lights are for. Red means "Don't Load."

nickys

Premium Member
Still wondering about that wide path to the left of the entrance path. It seems to go to or behind the back of the station. There's no sign of a gate at IG or a fence along the path to make it a backstage area.

Here's another view:

Which path? The one nearest the BC, as in far left. There are three paths going off the main one before the station as you approach the IG security.

Presumably one is entrance to the station, one is the exit from the station. The big one looks to be the access road servicing the U.K. pavilion and/or World Showplace (aka the big tent).

And then there’s one that goes off to the building, which could be for Guest Services.

Maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom