News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

I think they try to discourage it to the degree they can on all transportation for the simple issue of mess and cleanup. The same way you don't want to sit down and realize your butt formed a bond to the seat thanks to a drink that got spilled by the last group or to see popcorn on the floor is the same reason they don't really want you or your child doing it, either.

Allowing food and drink on the gondola's would be a terrible idea.

joelkfla

Free parking if you get there early enough?
Yep. Once you're in, there's no checking receipts or anything.

Full disclosure: I haven't driven in to DHS before opening since they moved the parking entrance, but that's the way it's always been. Occasionally they would block the lanes at DAK with a single cone, but I have moved a cone to get in with no retribution.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Question for those in the know...what time does the Hollywood Studios parking lot open on opening day? Looks like that Skyliner line will open first at 5:45 am.

Hey, are there any CMs out there who can send @Lift Blog an invitation (in a PM) to try out the gondolas during previews as your guest? If anyone deserves it, he does.

Also, @Lift Blog, maybe try contacting WDW about a press preview!

trainplane3

Hey, are there any CMs out there who can send @Lift Blog an invitation (in a PM) to try out the gondolas during previews as your guest? If anyone deserves it, he does.

Ya I'd agree with both of those things. He has his site and reporting history to back it up.

I'd actually love for him to get a in depth tour of the system since he knows what he's looking at and can explain everything out versus some random Disney fan blog never explaining the various control systems. But sadly I doubt Disney would allow that.

But please, reach out. Maybe they can accommodate something for you (@Lift Blog).

Last edited:

Lift Blog

Thank you for the sentiments, I have received a couple offers. Unfortunately I am not arriving until Friday night. I booked my travel awhile ago as small mountain town airports are not known for cheap last minute flights. Blogging is not my full time job and this time of year is crunch time at the ski resort. But I will be there for the opening!

trainplane3

@danlb_2000, it's open already! Well, the entrance is done. The exit, not so much. Hopefully it's wrapped up before the Skyliner opens.

And a flashback to 2017...

(I tried to align with Bios picture)

Last edited:

Incomudro

They aren't going to stop you from bringing it on, however. It will be officially 'prohibited' but they aren't going to make you throw it out to get on.

They ought to stop you.
Because people being how people can be, they are going to bring food and drink - and spill and drop these things.
Due to the continuous load system, people will be stepping into gondola's that others have just exited - no time for a cleaning between passengers.
You just know people are going to leave bottles and wrappers behind, along with spills.

Movielover

They ought to stop you.
Because people being how people can be, they are going to bring food and drink - and spill and drop these things.
Due to the continuous load system, people will be stepping into gondola's that others have just exited - no time for a cleaning between passengers.
You just know people are going to leave bottles and wrappers behind, along with spills.

No time for cleaning... except for the incredible slow speed at which the cars traverse through the stations allowing for plenty of time to step aboard and remove any rubbish plus the ability to remove a car completely at each station if there was some larger spill.

Incomudro

No time for cleaning... except for the incredible slow speed at which the cars traverse through the stations allowing for plenty of time to step aboard and remove any rubbish plus the ability to remove a car completely at each station if there was some larger spill.

That's not cleaning, and I doubt anyone is going to be stepping on board and performing such a function.

Grimley1968

I don’t know why the cleaning protocol for the Skyliner wouldn’t be much the same as for any other form of Disney transportation: loose litter can be picked up as soon as a leg is completed and anything worse they can take the gondola offline (easy with this system) and clean it more thoroughly. Guests can easily wait 5 more seconds for the next clean gondola if one is too nasty to ride in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom