News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

I am facinatated with a new view of the resorts and parks. But, this fascination is fueled by my hatred of the buses. Too many times I have sat there waiting and waiting, watching 3 All Star buses go by, but none for my resort. Then it's standing room only, and I got a stroller wheel on my left foot, and some kid with a 3/4 eaten turkey leg on the other. Both me and the kid hate the family of 3 that has 5 seats taken up with one sleeping toddler and a backpack bigger than my carry on suitcase. The buses suck.

Give me a constantly moving line and a guaranteed seat and I am happy.

Unless those same conditions are replicated on the Skyliner.
The kid, the stroller, the turkey leg and you.
I've got a reasonable degree of confidence that they'll send that family off on their own journey - and not subject one or two more people to them for the trip.
I hope.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

International gateway work is coming along good. This could be done in time for the skyliner openi g.

truecoat

Just looking at a map. I would add a line from AoA/Pop with a through station at Blizzard Beach continuing on to AK. Assuming Disney does not want to make anyone transfer more that once. It would eliminate the following bus routes
Caribbean Beach to Animal Kingdom
Caribbean Beach to Blizzard Beach
Pop Century to Animal Kingdom
Pop Century to Blizzard Beach
Art of animation to Animal Kingdom
Art of animation to Blizzard Beach

Depending on Disney's feeling it might also eliminate Riviera to AK and Blizzard beach, but then we would be looking at 2 transfers instead of 1.
Estimated times:
Pop to Turn Station = 50 seconds
Turn station (based on Epcot Turn Station): ~45 seconds
Turn station to Blizzard Beach: 8 minutes 20 seconds
In through station ~45 seconds
Blizzard Beach to AK: 5 minutes 15 seconds

Total time from Pop to AK: ~16 minutes
Total time from Caribbean beach to AK: ~19 minutes
Total time from Riviera to AK: ~21 minutes

View attachment 412104

You'd get more use out of the other side of AOA/POP line where it would mostly empty with the current route.

Purduevian

You'd get more use out of the other side of AOA/POP line where it would mostly empty with the current route.

Not to mention AOA/POP are some of the largest hotels on property
2880 rooms at POP and 1984 rooms at AoA
add in the 1536 from Caribbean beach and 300 from Riveria and that is (6700/36077) 18.5% of on site guests guests connected to 3 theme parks and 1 water park without the use of buses.

For reference the monorail connects:
Grand Floridian (867+147 villas), Polynesian (847+380 villas), and Contemporary (655+295 Bay Lake) to 2 theme parks and only serves (3,191/36077) 8.8% of rooms on property

awhit066

It looks like the "mystery kiosk" at CBR is going to be a Joffrey's with an exclusive Skyliner drink!

So is it safe to assume they will allow eating/drinking on the gondolas? Seems interesting since I recall them asking riders to refrain while on the buses,

Lensman

So is it safe to assume they will allow eating/drinking on the gondolas? Seems interesting since I recall them asking riders to refrain while on the buses,
I figured the bus rule was to avoid people sticking spoons into their eyes or gagging themselves with straws if the bus hit a pothole, made a turn, or had to suddenly stop.

DisAl

I'm not about to drink coffee before getting on this thing on the off chance that there could be a delay of some sort....:cry:

MrPromey

I think they try to discourage it to the degree they can on all transportation for the simple issue of mess and cleanup. The same way you don't want to sit down and realize your butt formed a bond to the seat thanks to a drink that got spilled by the last group or to see popcorn on the floor is the same reason they don't really want you or your child doing it, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom