News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Bender123

Only other places you could easily get to from the existing line are POR, POFQ, OKW, and SSR. It would make each resort much more desirable.

View attachment 411887

Just make sure it doesn’t look like a symbol for dark times in the 1930s and ‘40s.

If you were going to do a OKW/PO route, you would likely mirror the current version except put the transfer station at OKW and the epcot station near the front of EPCOT. Just keep them both separate.

raymusiccity

No way. Wait 20 minutes in the "cold" for the bus or hopping on the Gondola and being where I want to be in the same time or less. Will be there in Dec. and can't wait to try them out.
It will be an interesting experience. Hop on the cold gondola and then hop back into the cold, for what looks to be a pretty long walk from the Station to some outlying rooms.......or wait for a warm bus and get dropped off pretty close to your resorts warm lobby. :)

tractor tipper

It will be an interesting experience. Hop on the cold gondola and then hop back into the cold, for what looks to be a pretty long walk from the Station to some outlying rooms.......or wait for a warm bus and get dropped off pretty close to your resorts warm lobby. :)
Really. That's the best you got?:) Actually you made a good point. With the bus stop near the lobby/food court/store many people including ourselves will hit the food court/store for stuff before going onto our room. It will be a longer walk, which some may not do now.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Boy that Tie-In with Target can easily be slapped onto a gondola as a Target Run...

Aaaaaaaaannnnddd Done....

TrojanUSC

Is there even still going to be a direct bus to Epcot and DHS? What’s the point of this build if they’re still gonna run busses every 20 minutes.

Last edited:

starri42

Is there even still going to be a direct bus to Epcot and DHS??What’s the point of this build if they’re still gonna run busses every 20 minutes.
They're likely going to run them less frequently.

I'm not the biggest fan of heights, but I'd rather park hop in a few minutes rather than wait for a slow moving boat or bus, or walk for 20 minutes.

ToTBellHop

Folks, I read a review from a brave soul who rode the Skyliner yesterday. They were delayed for 6 minutes in the air and watched the temperature sky-rocket from 91 degrees to 92 degrees. Let's take this to its logical conclusion. Imagine you are riding while there is lightning in the area but it's still sunny, so your gondola stops. Then there's lightning sporadically for 3 hours. The temperature will continue to rise. I enlisted the help of 36 statisticians and one bus driver to generate the following:

120 degrees equals death!

Incomudro

Folks, I read a review from a brave soul who rode the Skyliner yesterday. They were delayed for 6 minutes in the air and watched the temperature sky-rocket from 91 degrees to 92 degrees. Let's take this to its logical conclusion. Imagine you are riding while there is lightning in the area but it's still sunny, so your gondola stops. Then there's lightning sporadically for 3 hours. The temperature will continue to rise. I enlisted the help of 36 statisticians and one bus driver to generate the following:

View attachment 412058

Since you went there: Temperature and comfort are not the same thing.
Moving air doesn't lower the temperature - the temperature remains the same.
Moving air increases comfort during times of high heat and humidity, just as it decreases comfort when it is cold out.

Purduevian

Just looking at a map. I would add a line from AoA/Pop with a through station at Blizzard Beach continuing on to AK. Assuming Disney does not want to make anyone transfer more that once. It would eliminate the following bus routes
Caribbean Beach to Animal Kingdom
Caribbean Beach to Blizzard Beach
Pop Century to Animal Kingdom
Pop Century to Blizzard Beach
Art of animation to Animal Kingdom
Art of animation to Blizzard Beach

Depending on Disney's feeling it might also eliminate Riviera to AK and Blizzard beach, but then we would be looking at 2 transfers instead of 1.
Estimated times:
Pop to Turn Station = 50 seconds
Turn station (based on Epcot Turn Station): ~45 seconds
Turn station to Blizzard Beach: 8 minutes 20 seconds
In through station ~45 seconds
Blizzard Beach to AK: 5 minutes 15 seconds

Total time from Pop to AK: ~16 minutes
Total time from Caribbean beach to AK: ~19 minutes
Total time from Riviera to AK: ~21 minutes

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Just looking at a map. I would add a line from AoA/Pop with a through station at Blizzard Beach continuing on to AK. Assuming Disney does not want to make anyone transfer more that once. It would eliminate the following bus routes
Caribbean Beach to Animal Kingdom
Caribbean Beach to Blizzard Beach
Pop Century to Animal Kingdom
Pop Century to Blizzard Beach
Art of animation to Animal Kingdom
Art of animation to Blizzard Beach

Depending on Disney's feeling it might also eliminate Riviera to AK and Blizzard beach, but then we would be looking at 2 transfers instead of 1.
Estimated times:
Pop to Turn Station = 50 seconds
Turn station (based on Epcot Turn Station): ~45 seconds
Turn station to Blizzard Beach: 8 minutes 20 seconds
In through station ~45 seconds
Blizzard Beach to AK: 5 minutes 15 seconds

Total time from Pop to AK: ~16 minutes
Total time from Caribbean beach to AK: ~19 minutes
Total time from Riviera to AK: ~21 minutes

View attachment 412104

Turn Blizzard Beach into an "Ice Age" Water Park and then have the DAK station dump at Dinoland for thematic continuity. All that's left is to install video monitors inside the gondola cabins that play Disney Trivia and a Scrat cartoon short during the trip.

Last edited:

HiJe

View attachment 412058

This is clearly scientific as there is a graph with a line and mentions of statisticians and other employees and therefore I shall believe every word of it. May we burn in peace in our lightning trapped boxes.

WDW Monorail

Since you went there: Temperature and comfort are not the same thing.
Moving air doesn't lower the temperature - the temperature remains the same.
Moving air increases comfort during times of high heat and humidity, just as it decreases comfort when it is cold out.

The latent heat principle works at constant temperature. Not enough people in this thread understand thermodynamics.

Grimley1968

If we're speculating on where WDW could place future Skyliner lines (assuming they want to), the most bang for the buck would be to connect Animal Kingdom with its nearest WDW resorts: All Stars, CSR and AKL, with the hub near the AK parking lot. Those might be about as easy to install as the current Skyliner and would meet their goal of moving as many guests between resorts and a park as possible, for as little expenditure as possible. That's my 25 cent bet FWIW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom