News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That CM mentions that the ride from Caribbean to Epcot was 30 minutes, does that not seem fairly long? Maybe I need to look at the map again?

JaxFLBear

That CM mentions that the ride from Caribbean to Epcot was 30 minutes, does that not seem fairly long? Maybe I need to look at the map again?
The CM said that was for a ROUND TRIP.

“The ride from Caribbean to Epcot is 30 min. round trip, so this should definitely help and take some pressure off the buses. I was really hesitant when I first saw this, but I think it’s really great.”

pdude81

Irrational fear will go away when customers start riding them. Anonymous "exclusive" leak from one cast member is meaningless unless you already believe what the cast member is saying

Heppenheimer

Given that similar systems exist worldwide so there is actual real world experience, along with science about airflow, I doubt that this video will do anything to debunk what have long been identified as irrational fears.
My wife and I rode the gondola lift up Mount Mansfield in Vermont just yesterday, a system I have ridden numerous times in the past. We took our two dogs and one year old baby with us. The 5 of us loaded without problems. The ride went smoothly, with good air flow and very little noise (it is, of course, considerably cooler up here than in Florida). We exited the gondolas without problems. The ride down was the exact same experience.

There you have it. If two people, one loaded down with a baby and the other trying to control two overly playful dogs can easily enter and exit a gondola system without any special arrangements, anyone can do it!

But of course, irrational is gonna irrational. That's why it's irrational.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, they did say that they had to get off and walk around the station at IG, so that certainly would be included.

This lines up with Disney's official estimate of a 15-minute travel time.

There must be at least two minutes in each turn station and a three minute walk around to get back on for it to be that long (presuming no lines)....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom