News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Gondola's are also coming off the cables into storage. So, first look at the hurricane procedure for these. If one's coming, the system will definitely be down in advance to secure it.
If anyone down there could get a photo of the gondola parking lot, that'd be cool. I'm interested in whether or not they have covers for them while they're in storage.

Goofyernmost

Why give disney-news vlogger-mongers yet another reason to trek out in bad weather to film them moving about in the wind? Besides, I'm sure the manufacturer knows exactly how these would move in 100mph winds, and has shared this information with Disney.
Agree, and nothing can stop the ridiculous from happening when it comes to vloggers. They will go out anyway to see if the empty cable moves. That said, I don't believe anything anybody says and only half of what I see, so I would want to know first hand what to expect. So many promises made that aren't anything more then a sales tool in this life.

nickys

Premium Member
Agree, and nothing can stop the ridiculous from happening when it comes to vloggers. They will go out anyway to see if the empty cable moves. That said, I don't believe anything anybody says and only half of what I see, so I would want to know first hand what to expect. So many promises made that aren't anything more then a sales tool in this life.

But we can see from the hundreds of other cable car systems around the world. This isn’t a new system.

begood524

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know people said that they took the cabins off the line to prepare for Dorian, but that was a few days ago. I wonder if this is the actual reason for that. Do you know what part of the line this is? Riviera is clearly visible.

It is the CBR to Epcot line. I would be interested to hear from @Lift Blog on this. I would think the only way to "tighten" the cable would be to re-splice it. I also wonder if the strapping down we saw a few days ago was for this and not the hurricane.

Captain Barbossa

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
You’re probably right. The timeline makes sense.

Sorry, didn’t bother to read the article. :hilarious: Do either of you know if it’s between CB and Riviera, or Riviera and the turn near Boardwalk?

I assume it's in this area, only area on that line with enough room to do something like this.

Surferboy567

I’ve asked this before...but I forget the answer. How long is the travel time between HWS and Epcot (I know it requires a transfer). Would it be shorter then the friendship boats? I would say yes, because it takes forever for a friendship boat to arrive. (I stay at the Dolphin resort normally)

JoeCamel

I’ve asked this before...but I forget the answer. How long is the travel time between HWS and Epcot (I know it requires a transfer). Would it be shorter then the friendship boats? I would say yes, because it takes forever for a friendship boat to arrive. (I stay at the Dolphin resort normally)
It should beat the boats

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom