News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I find it odd that they let the station remain in a seemingly “finished” state for a while and then choose to randomly start setting up scaffolding again
It isn't unusual for outstanding issues to crop up after they are pretty much done. We see this in a lot of Disney projects. Things like this even appear after opening.

trainplane3

Corless once again got tens of thousands of views, made hundreds of dollars (if not more), and was 0% correct. Skyliner not opening today

Well, one new piece has been added since my visit in July.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I find it odd that they let the station remain in a seemingly “finished” state for a while and then choose to randomly start setting up scaffolding again

the most likely scenario is they found something during testing that either broke or needed to be adjusted. Which is why they test for so long on something like this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But wasn't what he said corroborated by others here also? That cast members were told they planned to soft open that day? Plans and reality are often different things

Originally yes, but then our insiders were hearing that that was starting to be iffy.

ABQ

Can't say it's not unwise to, even if a portion of the line were ready, not soft open with the impending storm coming this weekend. Assuming, of course, a number of things. A, that they were ready to soft open anything and B, the winds are still tropical storm force or more in the Orlando area.

lazyboy97o

It isn't unusual for outstanding issues to crop up after they are pretty much done. We see this in a lot of Disney projects. Things like this even appear after opening.
With typical construction contracts there is a phase right before opening called the “punch list” where various stakeholders walk the project and note any issues or defects that need to be corrected. It’s not unusual for a contractor to get all of this information together and then tackle similar or localized issues, especially if they require equipment for access. The work is then usually guaranteed against similar by the contractor for a year.

eddie104

Why not? For a while the theory have been that the September date was the date for the whole system to be open since the IG entrance to Epcot still has a lot of work to do, but that the other two lines might open in time for Galaxy's Edge.
Because I would rather have them the whole system operational than opening in phases just to please a small minority of fans.

eddie104

I think you guys are taking my question way too seriously as I was just generally curious. No need to get upset over someone’s opinion about the situation. I want this system open just like you guys but if they are not ready then we have have to wait.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think you guys are taking my question way too seriously as I was just generally curious. No need to get upset over someone’s opinion about the situation. I want this system open just like you guys but if they are not ready then we have have to wait.

Nobody is talking about opening before it is ready. What we are talking about is having two lines 100% complete and ready to open (assuming that is actually the casse), but not opening them because the third line is not ready.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I completely understand people wanting to ride those gondolas asap, I saw them gliding in front of me every morning for 8 days at Pop! 😄
I guess we'll have to wait a bit more.

montyz81

They will get a real test if that hurricane comes passing through! It will be interesting to see how the procedures run asside from just storage.

truecoat

I'm just impressed that Disney has become such a powerful company that they can just order up a hurricane for their final leg of testing before opening.

Not only that but with the CM's testing going on right now, the amount of money they'll have to spend to keep up with the workers comp claims, 3rd degree burns and whatnot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom