News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

etc98

Forget about forced perspective, according to the map, there's a real danger of crashing into the Eiffel Tower!!

Add it to the list!
That makes me wonder how they’re going to show the Eiffel Tower on the maps once Ratatouille opens. They won’t be able to show it as located behind the rest of the pavilion like they currently do because that’s where the ride entrance is, but I’m sure they don’t want to show it on top of the building like it actually is either.

MiddKid

Actually since posting that, I went back in my photos and for sure it was P2P with the glass bottom cabins. And also giving it some thinking, there was indeed another couple of two along with us (our party of 6). We were seated in one side, while they were on the other. It's been so long that I probably forgot about that detail, but thank goodness for pictures! Brings back all the memories haha.

That makes complete sense. There are only two glass bottomed cabins on P2P so there is always a separate queue for them off to the side which would be why you felt like you waited 10 minutes. With an 11 minute ride time you have a glass bottomed cabin arriving every 5.5 minutes.

Tony the Tigger

Are the ones going into the Epcot station visible if you're standing in France or across the lagoon? That would really break the forced perspective of the Eiffel Tower.
Forget about forced perspective, according to the map, there's a real danger of crashing into the Eiffel Tower!!

Add it to the list!

Duh, the Eiffel Tower bends at the top. Haven’t you been on Soarin’?

TTA94

Are they going to limit the Skyway to resort guests only? They should to prevent non resort guests from wanting to ride just for fun.

FigmentFan82

You're correct, I do have no knowledge to indicate this case.
Just voicing my reservation of the idea.
I'm allowed to do that, aren't I?
You're allowed, and while I am speculating here and the irony is not lost on me in that, the evidence we've seen in regards to the speed and thru-put of the gondolas with actual video of operation has lead many to believe that at the rate these babies are moving along and turning over guests there simply would be no logical need to put multiple separate parties into the same gondola. If there were half the gondolas moving at half the speed then maybe it would be a concern, but all signs point to very small waits and most likely no need to bunk with strangers

Goofyernmost

You're allowed, and while I am speculating here and the irony is not lost on me in that, the evidence we've seen in regards to the speed and thru-put of the gondolas with actual video of operation has lead many to believe that at the rate these babies are moving along and turning over guests there simply would be no logical need to put multiple separate parties into the same gondola. If there were half the gondolas moving at half the speed then maybe it would be a concern, but all signs point to very small waits and most likely no need to bunk with strangers
My guess is the only time anyone will care one way or the other is at park closing. Not everyone goes to DHS or Epcot at exactly the same time in the morning and mostly it is a few here and there through the day. The parks closing is the time when the larger groups head back to the resorts at the same time. They will be running all day with no more then are on the buses at mid-day. And it is not every resort on the property nor is everyone staying at the Gondola hotels going to all be going to DHS and/or Epcot on any given day. There are two other parks to go to and one of them is the most popular park in the world and there are Water Parks, Disney Springs and many other places to go. It is amazing just how easily panicked people can be mostly because they haven't thought things out. I doubt that they are going to attempt to cram them full even at closing. There is another one just seconds behind and they do not stop one after another after another after another.

note2001

My crystal ball just bounced in (yes, it's rubber, I'm a clutz, it also resembles a certain pixar ball) to reveal a prediction to us ....

A family of four enter the Gondola boarding line at DHS, One stroller, one 4 year old with a balloon (red).
The mom and dad put the kids on board, but just as they're about to join the kids
the parents step back off to ask the cast member performing load checks...
"Will this take us to the Epic Universe Park?"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom