News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

lazyboy97o

How do you know that by cramming one car full they will have 10 empty cars behind it? You don't think that there will be deep lines using the Skyliner system? There is not one transportation system in Disney that doesn't have deep lines.

Do you work for Disney? Did you design the ride? Is that why you are ignoring the obvious and defending Disney so much?
You are the one constantly ignoring the obvious. The capacity isn’t some mystery. It can be figured out and easily compared to other known numbers.

peter11435

How do you know that by cramming one car full they will have 10 empty cars behind it? You don't think that there will be deep lines using the Skyliner system? There is not one transportation system in Disney that doesn't have deep lines.

Do you work for Disney? Did you design the ride? Is that why you are ignoring the obvious and defending Disney so much?
Have you even been to WDW?

I seriously can’t comprehend how someone who has could be so misinformed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

RobWDW1971

In all those 13 years, I guess you've never traveled to and from a resort during the afternoon. If you had, you'd know that resort buses rarely carry enough Guests to fill all seats between 11 & 5. In fact, it's quite common for a bus to have a single party during those hours. And that's accumulating Guests for 20 minutes or more.

This is not an attraction, it's a transportation system. If nobody's traveling where it goes, there's simply no way to fill the cabins.

Exactly - besides park opening and closing times these will be a relatively walk on experience. People are vastly underestimating the capacity vs the very small demand for these in off hours.

Imagine if at any of these hotels you had an endless line of busses waiting for guests at 2pm - they'd all go out nearly empty.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Some people think it's going to be unbearably hot and crowed
Some people think it's going to be ok temperature wise and not always full
Arguments have been made both ways and no one is changing their mind.

Can everyone just agree not to discuss the temperature of the cabin until after the thing opens?

TrainsOfDisney

I rode a gondola of similar design in New Hampshire last summer. Not sure of the temperature but it was a warm sunny day. The gondola was fine and we even stopped for a few minutes, presumably to help load / unload someone needing assistance. Was also seated across from people I didn’t know!

The Mom

Premium Member
So basically since everything has already been discussed there is no reason for anybody to post on this thread any longer?
If no one has anything constructive to add, such as photo updates etc - then the answer is yes, there is no reason to post. But there have been pages of 'what ifs" and speculation, but no one will really know how well - or poorly - these will work at WDW until they are open for guests.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
"we don't think" ..... well, we will find out soon enough, but I am playing the law of averages coupled with the history of Disney transportation. I hope I'm wrong.

It's hard to use previous Disney transportation as an example since they have never used a system like this for transportation. Also, if you do the numbers, conservatively the system could load 6 people every 10 seconds. I can't think of time that I was at a bus stop and saw people walking up to the stop at a rate higher then that.

GCTales

If no one has anything constructive to add, such as photo updates etc - then the answer is yes, there is no reason to post. But there have been pages of 'what ifs" and speculation, but no one will really know how well - or poorly - these will work at WDW until they are open for guests.
Why do I have a sudden vision of Mom getting the wooden spoon out of the drawer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom