News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Grimley1968

I wonder if the August 28th date is when they plan to have the POP/AOA and DHS lines running, but the Epcot line won't be until September 29th so that is the official opening dat.e

That does make a public announcement like the one made earlier today a lot easier than "this line and this line are open but we're not ready for this line until 9/29".

JusticeDisney

When I first saw these in person a couple of weeks ago, I have to admit that I didn’t really care for the aesthetics they created. Over the course of my vacation, however, they definitely began to grow on me. So much so, in fact, that I am now really looking forward to trying them. One main question though (and I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it) - how do you keep cool in these things with no AC???

rowrbazzle

I can't seem to find that article of theirs anymore...

It's still there (I guess I'm not allowed to link to it) along with a new article citing Disney's announcement. They say portions may still open early.

I wonder if the August 28th date is when they plan to have the POP/AOA and DHS lines running, but the Epcot line won't be until September 29th so that is the official opening dat.e

That seems plausible. It still doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't have the line for Hollywood Studios open with Galaxy's Edge.

jrhwdw

It's still there (I guess I'm not allowed to link to it) along with a new article citing Disney's announcement. They say portions may still open early.

That seems plausible. It still doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't have the line for Hollywood Studios open with Galaxy's Edge.
Maybe DHS doesn't want the whole world outside the gates Aug 29th? If the grand opening of SWGE and Skyliner is the same day, you can imagine what crowds DHS Entrance Plaza could have, if the new plaza is opened by SWGE.

rowrbazzle

Maybe DHS doesn't want the whole world outside the gates Aug 29th? If the grand opening of SWGE and Skyliner is the same day, you can imagine what crowds DHS Entrance Plaza could have, if the new plaza is opened by SWGE.

I guess I figured it will be crowded regardless and that was one of the main reasons for the Skyliner - an efficient transportation system for the huge increase in crowds that they anticipated for Hollywood Studios. Opening one day before Galaxy's Edge might not be a bit risky (if there are problems), but they've been testing for a while now. Also, I imagine the entrance would be even worse if they aren't finished by August 29.

Dave B

I am so frustrated it will not be open when we are there, we were more excited for the sky liner than Star Wars, we miss it by 5 days

VaderTron

It still doesn't make sense to me that they wouldn't have the line for Hollywood Studios open with Galaxy's Edge.

What, of late, that Disney has done has made sense? They should have had the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride completed before the influx of SWGE visitors to help with capacity issues. Instead they pushed that off till next spring.

MickeyMinnieMom

What, of late, that Disney has done has made sense? They should have had the new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway ride completed before the influx of SWGE visitors to help with capacity issues. Instead they pushed that off till next spring.
I think they make far more sense than not -- despite the chorus on boards like this. But this one... yeah... I'm surprised they didn't get this one together in time for SWGE opening. But I haven't followed closely enough in recent months to read whether any unexpected issues came up, etc.

begood524

I think they make far more sense than not -- despite the chorus on boards like this. But this one... yeah... I'm surprised they didn't get this one together in time for SWGE opening. But I haven't followed closely enough in recent months to read whether any unexpected issues came up, etc.
I feel that Disney really dropped the ball with getting Hollywood Studios ready to handle the crowds of Galaxy’s Edge - the Skyliner won’t be running until well after the massive crowds of opening day are gone and the park will be lacking its additional E-ticket ride that’s supposed to help absorb people

MickeyMinnieMom

I feel that Disney really dropped the ball with getting Hollywood Studios ready to handle the crowds of Galaxy’s Edge - the Skyliner won’t be running until well after the massive crowds of opening day are gone and the park will be lacking its additional E-ticket ride that’s supposed to help absorb people
Yeah... between closing GMR, not having MMRR ready and this, it seems like poor capacity planning to me from the outside, at least.

Remains to be seen if crazy crowds will materialize on 8/29, or if it will be attenuated vs. prior expectations like in DL. I'll be there so I'll get to see firsthand and compare to a few weeks ago in DL.

trainplane3

BlogMickey got the pictures Click and Co were hosting a couple days ago of the evac testing at the IG. Since it's out there, it's time to share:
reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-2.jpg

reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-3.jpg

reedy-creek-disney-skyliner-evacuation-4-1.jpg

https://blogmickey.com/2019/07/behind-the-scenes-disney-skyliner-evacuation-testing-posted-online/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom