News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Grimley1968

It seems long ago someone posted images of proposed Skyliner CM costumes in this thread. I can't remember if that was something WDW was proposing or the creation of the poster. Either way, it was far more presentable than what the yellow shirted CM's were wearing, IMO, but it's probably necessary with the last stages of construction still going.

Aries1975

It seems long ago someone posted images of proposed Skyliner CM costumes in this thread. I can't remember if that was something WDW was proposing or the creation of the poster. Either way, it was far more presentable than what the yellow shirted CM's were wearing, IMO, but it's probably necessary with the last stages of construction still going.

It was not official, but very creative nonetheless. @nace888 did more detailed colored sketches later, but I cannot find them at the moment.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I just realized that the vents are on the rear of the gondola. Why wouldn’t they
Put vents on the front? Vents on the back will not help with air circulation all that much.
You mean, por qué no los dos? ;)
7bhaMCi.jpg

mm121

Found this video of the HS station filmed today - noticed they have added these interesting little door flaps to the edge of the platform that match up perfectly to the edge of each cabin; thought that was a cool little touch. (Flaps are shown earlier on in the video)

Looks like maybe some kind of safety feature to ensure no car can leave the station with its doors open

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok maybe I just can’t see it. Does the passenger get to choose to open them or is that up to the operator?
If you watch the video @MisterPenguin posted above you can see the vents on arrival and departure. It looks to me like the front has 2 slats that open and the back has 3 with one additional one on the side opposite the doors.
Front:
7A3160FB-0C31-48E2-96DE-23478EE1B385.jpeg

Back and side:
D99E3D45-2902-49A1-B8F0-FA3732E67423.jpeg

In the video the vents are all open while operating and they are closed in the still pictures. It’s a good question whether the guest has the ability to operate the vents. I would guess no based on the additional wear and tear if people keep playing with them. I think keeping them open would also help some with odors. Air the things out a bit.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
If you watch the video @MisterPenguin posted above you can see the vents on arrival and departure. It looks to me like the front has 2 slats that open and the back has 3 with one additional one on the side opposite the doors.
Front:
View attachment 384113
Back and side:
View attachment 384114

In the video the vents are all open while operating and they are closed in the still pictures. It’s a good question whether the guest has the ability to operate the vents. I would guess no based on the additional wear and tear if people keep playing with them. I think keeping them open would also help some with odors. Air the things out a bit.
You are right about people/kids operating or just playing with the vents, not good.
It would make sense to leave them open, to make air circulate in and out. I suppose the vents are angled so that heavy rain won't get inside (?)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You are right about people/kids operating or just playing with the vents, not good.
It would make sense to leave them open, to make air circulate in and out. I suppose the vents are angled so that heavy rain won't get inside (?)
Looks like rain won’t be a problem. I do wonder if they will consider closing them when colder. It’s Florida so that’s not often, but nights in the winter can get chilly on occasion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom