News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

DoppelmayrFTW

See, now I look at them and I see the Omega V. The IV do not have the ventilation features of the V, like slots on the under side and Hopper windows. At least on dopplermyer's site the IV's do not have this feature. They are clearly visible on the skyliner cabin.
Omega V has the bolts that connect the cabin to the arm which it hangs from hidden, these are not hidden, CWA/Doppelmayr are very flexible when it comes to features like vents etc. They have done special order stuff all the time so it isnt too surprising they have some features of Omega V on these cabins.

joelkfla

Omega V has the bolts that connect the cabin to the arm which it hangs from hidden, these are not hidden, CWA/Doppelmayr are very flexible when it comes to features like vents etc. They have done special order stuff all the time so it isnt too surprising they have some features of Omega V on these cabins.
Omega IV

Omega V

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I believe the monorail as well as the monorail platform were used as a preview of EPCOT Center prior to its opening.
This. Monorails ran anti clockwise on the EPCOT Center line during summer 1982. You rode from the TTC, got off at the station to see the park but only from the unload balcony, picked up a free booklet then boarded the next train for a slow trip around Futureworld and back to the TTC.

Back to the Gondolas, whilst it will open this year it won’t be running as planned until later in the year.

iowamomof4

This. Monorails ran anti clockwise on the EPCOT Center line during summer 1982. You rode from the TTC, got off at the station to see the park but only from the unload balcony, picked up a free booklet then boarded the next train for a slow trip around Futureworld and back to the TTC.

Back to the Gondolas, whilst it will open this year it won’t be running as planned until later in the year.

Do you mean they might open one or two lines first and not the Epcot line until later?

Nubs70

Great stats and pictures. Today's test may not show the densest possible cabin spacing. Seems to me these aren't quite as close together as they could be.
Any acceptance testing will be at the capacity outlined in the contract. I most likely can be operated at 120% of design capacity.

Rich Brownn

I believe the monorail as well as the monorail platform were used as a preview of EPCOT Center prior to its opening.
The monorail didn't go through EPCOT then. It shuttled between TTC and the EPCOT platform. The platform had a video showing and basically some small stuff. And they actually charged you to go there. (I did it twice).

Driver

Okay. This was the first anyone had reported about it though. Are there other stashes of cabins on site that you are aware of that no one has told us about yet? Just curious.
Yes they are stored in some backstage areas till they can be moved. Due to construction , some areas do not have accommodations just yet to safely store them. There is a lot more happening behind the scenes than is being discussed here.

SLUSHIE

Had somewhat of a nightmare day at Heavenly today for multiple reasons, one of those just being the insane crowds today. I waited over 50 minutes this morning to get on the gondola and then another good 30 minutes or so going down (after waiting for it to die down). I took a photo from the Tamarack lift line at around 4. Probably not able to put much context to the photo if you have never been there but the line was probably another 1/4 longer than what you see here.

There are two lines next to each other, a group line and a 'singles' line that was basically another group line and was just as long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom