News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Bender123

Great Point! Every time I stay outside of an MK resort or go to a water park, I put negative comments on the bus system in my survey. And given the grumbling at the bus stops during the day, I imagine that is a constant negative complaint they deal with. Skyliner will help, but may give the bus line even more bad commentary after the ease of the Skyliner.

A fifteen minute wait with people in front of you isn't an issue to people in the line. It IS an issue if there is no line and you still wait.

Imagine a restaurant that is packed, they are handing out the buzzers and it takes 30 minutes to get a table. You likely don't mind that wait. There are other people to serve. What will make you mad is if you walk in and see an empty restaurant and they still still give you the pager and you sit for fifteen minutes, because they only sit people at certain times of the day...which can be totally random.

Even though you waited half the time, you are likely to be more upset, because there is no visible reason for the wait to occur. The wait is simply a structural problem of the system you walked into.

A difference of 30 seconds can make a guest change from relief that they "made it just in time" to "Now I am stuck sitting in the sun for the next 20 minutes". Meanwhile the people who show up "just in time" will have a vastly different experience than the ones that have been waiting.

mitchk

8E6BBD7A-5E25-4840-95D9-3F48BC6FCC3D.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not the OP, but I thought the point was that you shouldn't have cropped out the watermark giving credit to the source of the photo.

I'm sure that was at least part of the point. I wanted to know why it was a big deal when the source was already linked and I didn't claim it was my picture. Please let the OP state their intention.

Goofyernmost

They have to have some sort of low power communication in them. Otherwise how would anyone know to keep their arms and hands inside the vehicle at all times and to stand clear of the doors or to remember to take their belongings with them and hold their children by the hand. People ain't to bright you know!

OG Runner

They have to have some sort of low power communication in them. Otherwise how would anyone know to keep their arms and hands inside the vehicle at all times and to stand clear of the doors or to remember to take their belongings with them and hold their children by the hand. People ain't to bright you know!

Individual CMs for each gondola?

JoeCamel

It's tough to wade through pages and pages of nothing. Just curious...is LiftBlog still here, or has he moved on with the project nearing completion?
As you can see by the like he is still wading though the faux postings to see the real progress. I expect him to be one of the first to ride.

Bender123

I wouldn't doubt there is some sort of fast charging battery powered speaker system on those...It would seem very un-Disney to miss a chance to do some marketing, music and info on a transport. They put enough thought into the music in the busses being matched to the route and location, so they must have something for the gondola.

MickeyMinnieMom

This video from early Jan talks about separate loading/unloading spots for ECVs/wheelchairs at the main stations where they can go very slowly or stop if needed (see around 25:55)-- that would answer my concern about that obviously having to be slower (despite the level loading people mention, these will obviously load slower than people just walking on the vast majority of the time).

Is this consistent with what people here understand?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This video from early Jan talks about separate loading/unloading spots for ECVs/wheelchairs at the main stations where they can go very slowly or stop if needed (see around 25:55)-- that would answer my concern about that obviously having to be slower (despite the level loading people mention, these will obviously load slower than people just walking on the vast majority of the time).

Is this consistent with what people here understand?

Yeah, it was discussed at least twice that I can remember... April/May and Sept 2018...

MickeyMinnieMom

Yeah, it was discussed at least twice that I can remember... April/May and Sept 2018...
Thx! All I remember seeing since joining in Sept is general talk about how ECV loading won’t be a problem, but not a ton of specifics (“they load level” — which clearly isn’t enough for them not to be slower loads). I skimmed this and many other threads, but it’s tough to get all the details on every thread down when new. Appreciate the clarification. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom