News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

joelkfla

Note the fence or wall to the right of the rear station building. On the other side of the wall is a road that connects to the main backstage loop road. There's a cast shuttle bus stop in the area. If there's a gate there, that stop could potentially be used to load Guests onto buses backstage, to shuttle them to the bus area at the front of the park when there's a weather shutdown.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Custom Magic Band decal

cosmicgirl

How great would a tombstone at HM be to poke fun at the skyliner doom and gloomers be?

Here lies the bones, of dear, departed Jake.
He melted on the Skyliner over Hourglass Lake
Iger rode and touched the sky,
just before he started to fry.
Is it me or did we already have an epitaph round like a year and a half ago? Still funny, though.

In other news: I'm finally caught up on 5 months of gondola thread. It's good to be back!

HoldenC

Note the fence or wall to the right of the rear station building. On the other side of the wall is a road that connects to the main backstage loop road. There's a cast shuttle bus stop in the area. If there's a gate there, that stop could potentially be used to load Guests onto buses backstage, to shuttle them to the bus area at the front of the park when there's a weather shutdown.
They never did that when the FriendShip boats were down for weather, I doubt they would for the gondolas.

joelkfla

They never did that when the FriendShip boats were down for weather, I doubt they would for the gondolas.
I'm not saying they will, just that it's feasible.

Walking has always been an option for the Epcot resorts. Even the Swan is only 1/2 mi.

Walking is not option for the Skyliner resorts, and the walk from IG to the Epcot bus area is quite a bit longer than the walk to any of the Epcot resorts.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Evidently dissidents on the internet are speculating that opening date is August 28 for the resort line, not the EPCOT Center line.

Day before SWGE opens, so what could possibly go wrong...

It's also the same source that said the Seas and Land were closing and CBJ and Tiki were being replaced amongst the other grains of salt, this salt mine has produced recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom