News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

JoeCamel

I cannot read this thread since it is so unintelligible. I click in to it once in a while and I cannot tell if every poster is either joking, clueless or worse.

Neither of these systems are scary or dangerous or any other nonsense described in this thread.

This is the result of finding out about the project so far in advance of the announcement/construction. People have a lot of time to fill between developments so they do what people do everywhere - they fill with banter.
We till have 6 months to go so hang on.

truecoat

Comparing roominess to an airline seat is probably not the best comparison...

It's a very apt comparison. Most airline seats are around 17.25 inches while the Skyliner is over 18. 3/4+ of an inch may not seem like much but it's all the difference in the world. These are plenty wide to handle 10 comfortably especially since most groups will have kids also.

Disney Analyst

I would assume at peak travel times they will combine groups likely ahead of the loading process, and on non-peak travel times it’ll be gondolas per group.

Polydweller

I would assume at peak travel times they will combine groups likely ahead of the loading process, and on non-peak travel times it’ll be gondolas per group.
Why one group per gondola? People hop on the monorails and sit across from each other, they hop on buses and do the same thing. The gondolas have two sides why would riding them be any different.

Disney Analyst

Why one group per gondola? People hop on the monorails and sit across from each other, they hop on buses and do the same thing. The gondolas have two sides why would riding them be any different.

I would assume it won’t be necessary during non-peak times? I think they will cram them full during peak, but I am sure there will be plenty of times during mid day where it’ll be solo groups in a gondola.

righttrack

I would assume it won’t be necessary during non-peak times? I think they will cram them full during peak, but I am sure there will be plenty of times during mid day where it’ll be solo groups in a gondola.

I'm guessing that they will fill them as full as they can while keeping everything moving as quickly as possible. It's a tradeoff that will leave some with a single group and other with a few groups combined where they can. It's the ominmover concept with small compartments. Best to not skip seats but skip seats if it means slowing the whole line up.

Disney Analyst

I'm guessing that they will fill them as full as they can while keeping everything moving as quickly as possible. It's a tradeoff that will leave some with a single group and other with a few groups combined where they can. It's the ominmover concept with small compartments. Best to not skip seats but skip seats if it means slowing the whole line up.

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. I foresee periods of the day where there wouldn’t be a line or enough people to warrant filling to the max. They will likely in the morning and evening rushes.

Incomudro

It's a very apt comparison. Most airline seats are around 17.25 inches while the Skyliner is over 18. 3/4+ of an inch may not seem like much but it's all the difference in the world. These are plenty wide to handle 10 comfortably especially since most groups will have kids also.

Most people don't view the seating arraingments on a jet to be comfortable.

michmousefan

Many restaurants and bars near me have evolved to the "large tables" plan a-la Biergarten, with chatting/socializing between parties if not suggested, then at least welcomed. Younger people don't seem to mind it very much; it's the older folks who have to adjust/reset a bit.

Creathir

I'm not one to feel uncomfortable in sharing a cabin with others but I can see why some that are socially awkward may be. We have had people join the two of us on a bench on the Railroad many times and never thought much about it. Also on the safari when there are 2 or 3 of us there is always another 1 or 2 that join our row.

We also enjoy dining at the Biergarten even though diners are 'forced' to sit with other parties. We have sit with some that ignore us (fine), chat with us (fine), or some that view us like lepers that hate us for being there and act like we may try to eat their families (not so fine)....but we still always enjoy going back to the restaurant. I'm sure we may have similar experiences when joining others in a gondola.

I would think for efficiency sake we should be able to share a gondola with others for the short journey without it negatively impacting our day.
Best part: you get to practice your dominance stare while sitting across from a stranger.

Just look directly at their face the entire journey.

Not smiling, just staring...

That’ll show them for riding in the gondola with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom