News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

orky8

I swear they do this every couple of years...That is a valuable piece of land and WDW wont ever let it go. I would say it ranked up with "Height balloon testing at River Country!!!"...but that actually happened...so who knows?

One of these decades they will figure out how to dry that plot out and stick a hotel there...It was slotted for it back in the days that the GF was the Asian hotel and was just a big square of land. Short of a Horizons sized sinkhole, that land has never really been an "if", but a "when"...Sooner or later an engineer will have a solution.
It’s not so much about needing to figure out an engineering solution but more about when the cost to build over the sinkhole will be justified by the rate they can charge. Given current price per point for DVC I suspect we are almost there.

Bender123

It’s not so much about needing to figure out an engineering solution but more about when the cost to build over the sinkhole will be justified by the rate they can charge. Given current price per point for DVC I suspect we are almost there.

Maybe the Color Companion to the Unofficial Guide wasn't really joking about the 7 Dwarves Subterranean Mine and Resort...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
No, nor could I when I searched. It probably came up in a thread about something else, like a walking path from GF or WL. Or the “Reflections” Resort maybe....

At least I’m not the only one who thinks this has come up before though! :D

@Bender123 jogged my memory, it was height balloons, not borings...

olie64

@Bender123 jogged my memory, it was height balloons, not borings...

The best is @marni1971 posted on that page...then pair it with the post on here that is almost 7 years they could have been using to developing a plan to use this area for a new resort.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That looks BEAUTIFUL in the Sunset!!!! I would like the gondolas uncovered, but they're going!

How long till they take the tarps off?

Speaking of Sunset, I'm assuming that Skyliner will have the same hours as other transportation?
IMO, those humongous grey and bland poles lining the picture aint no Vista and ain't no view, (bonus points for anybody who go that movie reference).

I am not bashing the skyline as a transportation system, but cold, steel grey poles protruding from the ground do not enhance the skyline. Hopefully they will paint them (if it's possible) in the same fashion the exposed pipes on the ground are painted purple.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It has to have at least 2 stations, even if you can't get off. Don't want guests whipping around 180 at full line speed. :eek:

Even those stations aren't the same as the Disney stations, probably just off the shelf. While the Disney ones are off the shelf with an entire building built around them. The route probably doesn't have to deal with anything special underneath it either. Just a sight seeing trip across the facility.
I was considering a station as a place where people get on and off. I assume that’s why the Disney system is so expensive. It’s not particularly high off the ground or built on a challenging route. They cleared some trees and other than a handful of overwater towers the rest seem pretty basic.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

flynnibus

Premium Member
so it never quite clicked to me till now... that one of the lines runs right inbetween the two storage yards. That's gonna be rather 'ugly' and 'belly of the beast' looking. The latest bioreconstruct photos show just how close all that really is... eww

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom