• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner - Every Possible Problem has Already Been Discussed

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Advertisement
I realize all the cars aren't there yet but the one of the cars they do have says it was packed in July of last year. There were rumors a few months ago that the manufacturing was behind schedule but if the ones delivered was sent off 7 months ago, the gondolas should not be the hold up.
There is no hold up.

jrhwdw

Gondolas going from Hollywood Studios to CBR around 6PM today.

They're going real slow, but they're going!
That looks BEAUTIFUL in the Sunset!!!! I would like the gondolas uncovered, but they're going!

How long till they take the tarps off?

Speaking of Sunset, I'm assuming that Skyliner will have the same hours as other transportation?

kurtk

That looks BEAUTIFUL in the Sunset!!!! I would like the gondolas uncovered, but they're going!

I would assume the tarps won't come off until right before they open it. They wouldn't want to have a bunch of themed gondolas hanging in the air that guests can't ride.

Incomudro

That, and they are still doing contruction in all the stations so you don't want them accidently getting damaged.
Yes, those wraps are not really a security cover, they're for damage protection.
The same wraps that new cars are transported in.
Far too many chances to scratch these gondolas while construction is going on.

Goofyernmost

My guess is that tarp removal will be an over-night situation. If they can decorate 4 parks overnight for Christmas, this should probably get done while they are on break. 🥴

GlacierGlacier

We talked about this a while back, but with all the updated construction at DHS - will the gondolas be inside the security bubble? It would be very, very convenient to go from Epcot to DHS without having to go through security.

thecouch

hello . probably already been answered a few times but is it all one line with different stations along the way or is there 2 or 3 separate lines that you have to change . if separate lines any chance they open one up earlier then others . the bit they are testing between hollywood studios from caribbean looks like its pretty advanced

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Speaking of Sunset, I'm assuming that Skyliner will have the same hours as other transportation?
Many pages back there was some talk about potential operating hours. I think the consensus was that the gondolas will start before the opening of the parks served (I assume at least an hour for rope drop commandos) and run at least an hour after park closing. One thing that will be interesting is what they do with the EPCOT line on nights when DHS is open until midnight (or later) and EPCOT closes at 9. In theory they could just run the DHS line but that would leave guests staying at Riviera stranded. I am hoping that means the EPCOT line will remain open just as late. That could be a huge benefit to Boardwalk for nightlife since a large number of additional guests would have a quick and easy way to get directly back to their hotels late night. Maybe they could even make Atlantic Dance Hall relevant again (was it ever really relevant?;)).

Top Bottom