News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Kamikaze

I was one of the people who said I don't believe the gondolas will be built. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are permits out there and I believe that people are talking to insiders. I just believe the project will get cut at some point. Maybe when I see some construction pictures of the stations and all that then I will believe it 100% :)

To my knowledge, there has never been a permitted project that has not gone forward in some capacity. When they pull the permits, its a done deal.

JoeCamel

I was one of the people who said I don't believe the gondolas will be built. Don't get me wrong, I believe there are permits out there and I believe that people are talking to insiders. I just believe the project will get cut at some point. Maybe when I see some construction pictures of the stations and all that then I will believe it 100% :)
The budget has been funded

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

So, you're saying that you won't believe it until it goes vertical?

lazyboy97o

Contractors are responsible for filing permits.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, I have never seen a notice of commencement for a major project that didn't get built in some form.

Um, the trolley cable car light rail system that they didn't build (circa mid-1990's). The permits were filed and everything, as you can attest.

I forgot about that one, but it was only a mention in SFWMD permit, and it never made it to a notice of commencement so my original statement still stands.

More details please

Oh I had a deja vu moment and had to go back and refresh my memory. I remember liking the concept.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...trolley-system-proposal-for-wdw.877547/page-7

WDW1974

OK, apparently missed 15 pages so please forgive if I repeat (or don't). ... But no AC is very worrisome to me. Now, I have been to places and ridden longer gondolas in very hot climates (Hong Kong's Lantau Island and the Azores come to mind as two ... they have one in St. Thomas too, but I really can't recall whether I have been up it). ... That said, all of my rides came in temps below 72 degrees. And, most importantly, they had very good air circulation.

I would hope for the same from Disney, but take nothing for granted. I'll never forget standing in a lightning storm with NO protection at EPCOT in 1995 awaiting a bus to the A-S-S (a great place to visit in the end) and Disney had opened the resort 9-10 months earlier and didn't have a covered location to pick up and drop off Guests at EPCOT yet. A complaint was made and we wound up with a comped dinner at the food court, which at that time had an amazing prime rib dinner (with 2-3 sides and a roll) for $10.99 (before the 20% discount). In other words, Disney made out well for Guests pointing out a terrible Ops oversight that never should have happened, yet was allowed to well after the resort opened.

If air is moving around and people are not baking, then it should be OK ... no circulation is another matter. I did the London Eye once (cabins have AC) and the air circulation was not adequate for an 80 degree day. I almost had a major anxiety issue. ... Why I am in no hurry to try O-Town's out!

toolsnspools

I would equate the speed of the gondolas to that of riding a bicycle. Under most conditions, it will be comfortable enough for a short ride. There will also be times when it's not cool enough, and other times when you freeze your backside off. I think I could manage a 100 degree ride for 15 minutes with a good breeze, as long as they keep direct sunlight off of you. When it's 45 degrees or less and you have a 15 mph wind, you're going to wish you had a parka.

GeneralKnowledge

I would equate the speed of the gondolas to that of riding a bicycle. Under most conditions, it will be comfortable enough for a short ride. There will also be times when it's not cool enough, and other times when you freeze your backside off. I think I could manage a 100 degree ride for 15 minutes with a good breeze, as long as they keep direct sunlight off of you. When it's 45 degrees or less and you have a 15 mph wind, you're going to wish you had a parka.

They're enclosed so the wind doesn't have much of an effect. All of the ventilation people are talking about us via operable windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom