New Frozen Ever After Dessert coming to Epcot

epcotisbest

We don't do the up charge offerings like this, but don't complain about those who do. Their money, not mine. I don't think it impacts my visit in any way. As for taking away space from me that I may have used to view the fireworks, there are plenty of other places. Our strategy has always been to never wait for any of the fireworks shows. We usually pick out a spot just prior to the show, or, more often after the first boom, then we...wait for it...look up.

Flynnwriter

Almost $80 for diabetes and a D ticket ride. They have to layoff charging astronomical prices for incremental privileges like not waiting in line and a desert.

FigmentForver96

We don't do the up charge offerings like this, but don't complain about those who do. Their money, not mine. I don't think it impacts my visit in any way. As for taking away space from me that I may have used to view the fireworks, there are plenty of other places. Our strategy has always been to never wait for any of the fireworks shows. We usually pick out a spot just prior to the show, or, more often after the first boom, then we...wait for it...look up.
That be great if a majority of Illuminations wasnt eye level

21stamps

This actually sounds somewhat appealing to me. I've never seen Illuminations. I haven't rode on the new Frozen attraction. I have two young daughters who are, like many young girls, head over heels about Frozen. The lineup below sounds appealing, especially that there is cheese fondue and fruit and not just cakes and cookies. However the cost for our family of four is running an additional 300 dollars (Cdn). Not to mention we will be at Epcot for F&W where I can no doubt cash in a ton of snack credits for a lot of desserts if I so choose anyway.

So tell me fine wdw community friends, are the dessert parties "worth it" for a family like mine?
  • Olaf’s warm double-chocolate s’mores pudding cake
  • Elsa’s warm cottage pudding with salted caramel glaze
  • Hand-dipped vanilla bean ice cream
  • Wandering Oaken’s éclairons
  • Hans’ key lime tarts with red glitter glaze
  • Living Rock crispy bonbons
  • Anna’s blue velvet cupcakes
  • Kristoff’s no-sugar-added lemon curd with blueberry
  • Sven’s fresh fruits and berries
  • Grand Pabbie’s winter-spiced snack mix
  • Duke of Weselton’s cheese fondue served with country bread cubes, broccoli and grilled flatbread
Beer, wine, summertime cocktails, and non-alcoholic “melted snow” drinks will be available.

The drinks and food sound neat, and the Frozen after hours, plus seating, is worth an extra $30 imo.

Prior to this it was a standing only party, correct?

21stamps

Are there actual seats to watch the fireworks or is it the tables like before? I WAS disappointed about the change, but having a seat to watch the fireworks at the end of a long day just might make me reconsider.
If anyone could confirm that would be great.

The website says seated viewing. I think that's a great change. Standing only is what has prevented me from doing it the past 2 years.
I'm hoping this sticks around for November!

(I really need to read a thread thru so I can multi quote.lol)

@bee ... I know you liked the previous version..but-- margaritas!

Kman101

Again wondering what all the complaints are for? If you dont like it, dont pay the 79 Bucks for it. If you want to watch illuminations from that spot, go on a night it isnt offered or "gulp" find a different spot to watch it from. The overreactions littering the boards everytime WDW creates offerings to guests is tired and childish. Debating new attractions, new ideas, the lack of attention to new rides or old ones, etc is fun to debate. But anytime WDW offers anything new, you can count on thee same posts from the same people whining and complaining, chastising Disney ( like you have ever had to make decisions similar to what they do). Cut and paste would save some of you a lot of time because thats all you do. And whats funny is Ive seen some complain and the last time they were at WDW was 4 years ago so you are doing nothing but parroting all the other whiners. Like I said, if you dont like it, deal with it and just dont spend the extra $ on it. BUt keep in mind some people are ok with trying new things and dont mind spending a little to see new things the Mouse offers. Different choices for different people and its not your place to determine whats best for someone else. Ill step off the soap box now.

It's called a discussion. On a discussion board. It's called other people expressing their opinion. Who cares if someone says they hate the idea, they're entitled to be able to say it.

Kman101

People laugh but the Illuminations dessert party was fully booked when I went midweek early May on a none extra magic hour day. There's big demand for these events.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue there isn't demand or that people won't enjoy it. If people didn't buy, they wouldn't offer them. And just using your post as a jumping off point, for my point (not saying any of this is you LOL), those who lecture the rest of us on why it's "good to have options" aren't seemingly getting the actual complaint behind them. I begrudge no one who wants to do these things, different strokes for different folks, but those who defend these things need to understand the reasoning behind some of us disliking them in theory. It's not just to rain on their parade or be negative which is what they assume.

That being said ... $79 bucks? Doesn't that get expensive for a family though? I personally think they could offer a bit more. But if someone wants to spend that kind of money, more power to 'em. We all have our things we'd spend money on that others think we're nuts to do. But those who defend these things need to stop getting so defensive if someone doesn't like that they offer this. JMO

Lora Baines Bradley

My family did the Wishes dessert party as well as the Frozen Summer Fun event they had a few years ago. The Wishes one was so fun, and so was the Frozen one. Usually each trip we have a "special" event that costs a bit more, and that's what these events were: one time things. I get that some are upset over the preferred viewing area, and I certainly understand that. I see both sides of this argument.

I am Timmy

We've only done two dessert parties, because for me to spend that much extra, it has to be, "I will truly regret not doing this for the rest of my life" special. The first one was during a Halloween party, which practically killed me to do, because I was already paying for the party. We got to hang out with a bunch of villains in Cinderella's Castle, and I am huge villain fan! So yes, we did it, and it was a blast! Wouldn't need to do it again, but once, yessss. The other was the Osborne Lights dessert party the last year they were on. Definitely worth it, the section under the lights was cordoned off, we got to sit at a beautiful table and eat pretty desserts with xmas lights and music surrounding us. They let us stay as long as we wanted, and we could come and go as we pleased. I can see the allure, and every guest decides if each event is worth the money. They totally got me twice!

Nubs70

Why does WDW just price hard ticket events the same as park admission? This would allow WDW to simply count each event attendee as another park entry. This method of accounting would help mitigate any slide in attendance and increase revenue.

mimitchi33

This sounds great! I'd like to do it sometime, seeing as FEA is one of my favorite Disney rides (I rode it three times last trip!)

Kman101

The line has never been under 75 minutes when I have been there...So I have still not ridden it... Amazing you got on it 3 times!

I've been on it three times as well. I had FastPass twice for it (although neither fastpass were day of) and the first time I waited in the line (I wouldn't again with the line that long, but I was on in about half that, so I guess I lucked out) but hey, waiting in standby, what a novel concept ... but three times for me is enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom