New FP rules? We booked FP #1 and FP #2 in two different parks, same day

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I don't know if I missed an announcement. Yesterday we had booked only one FP - Slinky Dog Dash at HS. After using it, we left the park. In the evening, I was able to book our second FP at Buzz Lightyear in MK, and could have booked more but didn't.

Those were the only two FP's we made for the whole day.

The help page still seems to indicate the "all in one park" rule.

"For most days, you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ experiences at a single theme park."

I thought we had to book and use up the first 3 at one park (or let them expire) before booking any additional anywhere.

Paper straw fan

Once you have used up your FP’s that you booked, then I believe you are able to book another at any of the parks. We’ve used up our 3 at one park, then gone to another park and been able to make more, but only one at a time. When you’ve only made one, I’m not exactly sure how that works. But yeah, you can’t do that ahead of time, but once they’re used up, free to make another elsewhere

Surfin' Tuna

There had been word of making it 3 a day any park for a while, but I thought that plan had been replaced with a pay plan. Maybe they made the switch quietly or maybe there was another glitch. Either way, I did not know anything had happened, but I'd love to know the answer.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I have been informed by my Disney liaison that Disney is testing to allow 4 day-pass holders to book fast passes at multiple theme parks on the same day. They are testing this with guest staying at select Disney resorts.

Dave B

I have been informed by my Disney liaison that Disney is testing to allow 4 day-pass holders to book fast passes at multiple theme parks on the same day. They are testing this with guest staying at select Disney resorts.
This is not what the OP did though? The OP stated that they booked one fast pass, used it and then booked another at a different park, we have been doing that for awhile, whether you book and use all three or just one or two as soon as you have nothing in the queue, you should be able to pick another FP

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
This is not what the OP did though? The OP stated that they booked one fast pass, used it and then booked another at a different park, we have been doing that for awhile, whether you book and use all three or just one or two as soon as you have nothing in the queue, you should be able to pick another FP

I understand my apologies I wasn't sure if it was worth a new topic or just to add on to the current FastPass topic.

MaryJaneP

Is it possible that you can book UP TO three FP+ at a park but that you must USE the FP+ (or maybe cancel them) before booking an FP+ in another park? Thus, since the OP only scheduled one FP+ in DHS and used it, there were none left open, pending, or unfulfilled, and maybe this allowed OP to schedule an FP+ at a different park. If this is the case, maybe it is an anti-FP+ strategy.

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know if I missed an announcement. Yesterday we had booked only one FP - Slinky Dog Dash at HS. After using it, we left the park. In the evening, I was able to book our second FP at Buzz Lightyear in MK, and could have booked more but didn't.

Those were the only two FP's we made for the whole day.

The help page still seems to indicate the "all in one park" rule.

"For most days, you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ experiences at a single theme park."

I thought we had to book and use up the first 3 at one park (or let them expire) before booking any additional anywhere.

This is NOT new. At least not since about three years ago!

You can book up to 3 FPs in advance, in one park only. Having used these you can book more, one at a time.

BUT ......

You get three initial FPs, so if you do not pre-book them all, you can book #2 & #3 on the day, as soon as you tap I to your first one. And those can be at another park(s).

Also, if they are at different park(s) you can book additional tier 1 FPs. But it only works for park hopping, not staying in the same park.

It’s a great way to get around the tough-to-get FPs like Slinky or FoP.

Let’s say you are going to AK on Day 2 but you can’t book FoP. You can however book it for Day 4 in the morning, which is your planned Epcot day.

So you book just FoP. Nothing else. As soon as you get in line (and past all FP touch points) you can book two more FPs at Epcot. You get TT and Mission Space. Ride FoP, hop over to Epcot. Or you could book TT and TSMM, two tier 1 rides in two different parks.

If you held two FPs for that day, you get to book #3 in a different park as soon as you tap into your first FP.

And if you booked three but decided to bail out and hop to another park after the first FP. You can either CANCEL the remaining two and see what’s available elsewhere, or go into ADD, find out what’s available and go ahead and book it, thus cancelling your original ones. I prefer that way, since you can see what there is first.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Back to this: did your liaison tell you which select resorts??

Nottamus

That happened to us on our last day of Disney April 14th. We had one Epcot fastpass booked for the day as we had to pack for the drive home....

Ended up having time later that day...and managed to book one HS fastpass.

I was silently going to enjoy that glitch/perk/test/gift until it didn't work anymore.

I like it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder if park-hoppers are down because of MDE/Fastpass rules? My last 3 trips we didn't park hop and just did 1 park/day

tallica

this is nothing new and not a glitch. I am a local and have been doing it for years. you can start in 1st park with 1-3 prebooked fp+ use any or none of them. After using or deleting fp+ you can book additional fastpasses one at a time for another park. you can do this all day as long as you use the previous one first. in fact after first park you can go to park after park getting 1 pass at a time. you can even go back to the first park and get passes one at a time, but can only get a addtional tier 1 pass in first park after using 3 total for they day in your first park.

Paper straw fan

So what’s the max # of parks anyone has made FP’s for in a day? I’ve managed 3, although it was slim pickings at the end of the day at Epcot (I think I was left with Nemo)

I’m sure all 4 can be done, but I’ve never tried, feels like I’d only be doing it just to do it.

Paper straw fan

That's reason enough! The wife doesn't always get it, but I would say about half of what I do (and usually convince her to do) is just to do it. It's just one of those useless bragging rights things.

I mean, yeah I’ve done that too (we rode out there from Tampa once just because we had FoP fast passes a couple weeks after opening) but 4 parks in a day seems exhausting. We’ve considered it a couple times, but “F it, lets go eat dinner and relax” wins out.

But I totally get you here. We were at HS one day when Hurricane Goofy made landfall at Seven Seas lagoon (a big rainstorm) and while we were about to go, my thought was ‘I bet we can get back to Slinky Dog right when they reopen’ and boom. Back at Slinky because “hey 5 minute standby on Slinky Dog!”

Surfin' Tuna

We've done the four parks in one day thing one time. She went along with it, but she was not super excited about it. We just did one thing in three of the parks, and then met friends in MK for the rest of the time. It wasn't my best idea, and I highly doubt it will happen again if I want to stay married. She is a good sport, but she'll likely just encourage me to go alone if/when I suggest it again. I keep threatening to do 25 attractions in one day, but I have a feeling that will also be alone. I did, however, see someone the other day did 46. I just couldn't imagine that.

Paper straw fan

I saw the 46 claim too, tho I was dubious of their timeline. Unless they had a Minnie van just ready and waiting the moment they left a park, some of their time line seemed to require an iron man suit. :p

I have been intrigued by trying all 4 one day. We usually get a late start at Disney to conserve energy, but it might be fun to try riding at least one ride and enjoying one signature dish/snack per park

nickys

Premium Member
I saw the 46 claim too, tho I was dubious of their timeline. Unless they had a Minnie van just ready and waiting the moment they left a park, some of their time line seemed to require an iron man suit. :p

I have been intrigued by trying all 4 one day. We usually get a late start at Disney to conserve energy, but it might be fun to try riding at least one ride and enjoying one signature dish/snack per park

Plus the day this was claimed they did it, in 18 hours they said, the parks weren’t actually open that long. And no way does 7dmt have an hour long wait at 2am. So me thinks they were given extra time by Disney, if it was true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom