New FL and Wishes fallout

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just curious...Will they still have the newer area open during Wishes since it is a fallout area for the fireworks??

ExtinctJenn

Agreed with Slugger... the service road acts as the "fallout line" and runs right behind everything. Can you imagine the nightmare that would ensue if they tried to shutdown everything just because of the night show? "I know you've been waiting 2 hours in line but sorry, Wishes is about to start so you have to leave now." Yikes! :(

WDWBryan

LoL you can stand in the current fantasyland and see pieces of paper from the shells fall all the time right now

raven

The fallout area overlaps the new Fantasyland. But that corner of Fantasyland is all indoors due to this reason. It was very carefully planned that was as to not impose on any current operations, including the MK fireworks.

Rob562

The fallout area overlaps the new Fantasyland. But that corner of Fantasyland is all indoors due to this reason. It was very carefully planned that was as to not impose on any current operations, including the MK fireworks.

I've noticed in the aerial photos that the emergency exit walkways out the back side of the BOG building appear to have canopies so that they can safely be traversed during the show, if necessary. (Or at least so that anyone popping out one of those doors isn't considered a safety incursion that could stop the show like they do with the fallout zone behind the castle)

-Rob

ImagineerDude

Is there always a really low firework near the finale after the Blue Fairy comes? We were watching two Saturdays ago from the previous Dumbo spot and it looked REALLY low, so low that people in front of the castle probably couldn't see it. Misfire? Or is it part of the fantastic show? o_O

spacemt354

Chili's
Is there always a really low firework near the finale after the Blue Fairy comes? We were watching two Saturdays ago from the previous Dumbo spot and it looked REALLY low, so low that people in front of the castle probably couldn't see it. Misfire? Or is it part of the fantastic show? o_O

Probably a misfire. I remember the fireworks being very high in the air before the finale.

ParentsOf4

Several years ago (perhaps 2006?) we watched Wishes from outside Liberty Tree Tavern on a windy day. Pieces of the rockets were falling all around us. My DW was very worried about our safety but luckily it was not crowded where we were and, as far as I could tell, no one was hit. I was watching a few CMs and they seemed to have startled looks on their faces. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Rob562

Several years ago (perhaps 2006?) we watched Wishes from outside Liberty Tree Tavern on a windy day. Pieces of the rockets were falling all around us. My DW was very worried about our safety but luckily it was not crowded where we were and, as far as I could tell, no one was hit. I was watching a few CMs and they seemed to have startled looks on their faces. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes. On nights with a strong wind, debris can fall into the park. They'll typically inhibit some shells from firing in those cases. There was one show where the winds were so strong most of the Fantasyland roof pyro didn't launch at all. And a large chunk of cardboard (about 8"x8", presumably from one of the largest shells) fell from the sky and bonked my friend on the thigh while we stood by the Tomorrowland bridge.

-Rob

maryszhi

Yes. On nights with a strong wind, debris can fall into the park. They'll typically inhibit some shells from firing in those cases. There was one show where the winds were so strong most of the Fantasyland roof pyro didn't launch at all. And a large chunk of cardboard (about 8"x8", presumably from one of the largest shells) fell from the sky and bonked my friend on the thigh while we stood by the Tomorrowland bridge.

-Rob
ouch! i am interested in this too. i think that they planned it so that it revolves around the show so that they do not have to close down

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think they should shoot mini forced-perspective fireworks out over Beast's castle just to keep the illusion of it being off in the distance alive ;)

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Wondering if they'll wet down the buildings in FLE like they do over in Liberty Square. I love getting the hose sprayed on me when walking to HM.

SJFPKT

It shouldn't be too dangerous. You have to dodge this type of fallout all week!

Fat.jpg

nepalostparks

We were there that night as well (the 14th), and yes, that one shot was very low, likely an early burst/misfire.

Patricia Melton

I much prefer watching the fireworks from very far away. I think they look prettiest from one of the restaurants or lounges at the Poly or the Contemporary. I'm not a big fan of the noise and the smell of the gunpowder and the raining bits of paper that accompany the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom