New Fantasyland Photo Report Up at Orlando Theme Park News Blog

flynnibus

Premium Member
considering they post photo reviews every few days.. maybe we should just suggest people subscribe to the blog if they wish to see when they post a new story.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
considering they post photo reviews every few days.. maybe we should just suggest people subscribe to the blog if they wish to see when they post a new story.
I understand and I do suggest that. I love their site and I am just trying to share it with more people, plus their photos generate a lot of good conversation because they capture so many details. That is why I have started threads lately when they post new photos. Also there is so much going on right now with all the reveals in Fantasyland. Sorry if it offends you that I posted this and some other ones. Others seem to enjoy it. If you don't like it, don't click on the thread.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I understand and I do suggest that. I love their site and I am just trying to share it with more people, plus their photos generate a lot of good conversation because they capture so many details. That is why I have started threads lately when they post new photos. Also there is so much going on right now with all the reveals in Fantasyland. Sorry if it offends you that I posted this and some other ones. Others seem to enjoy it. If you don't like it, don't click on the thread.

I enjoy seeing the posts because it allows us folks on here to discuss certain pictures in their photo posts. Gives us a place to talk about specific, point in time things that related directly to one set of photos. Selfishly, I'm blocked from their site here at work, so it always tells me it's time to take out the personal phone and dig into the pictures during lunch.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
For the record I have no connection or affliation with Orlando Theme Park News Blog. I am purely a fan and found their site a few years ago. I very much enjoy their content. I am a blog subscriber and Facebook fan of theirs.

wiigirl

Awesome...thanks!
75.gif

WDWYankee15

Original Poster

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I have no problem with people posting links to photo updates on other sites.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I understand and I do suggest that. I love their site and I am just trying to share it with more people, plus their photos generate a lot of good conversation because they capture so many details.

So post photos and start a conversation vs just posting a link to their blog posts. I'm honestly surprised wdwmagic has left these threads intact since this is basically just funneling traffic to 'other' sites.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So post photos and start a conversation vs just posting a link to their blog posts. I'm honestly surprised wdwmagic has left these threads intact since this is basically just funneling traffic to 'other' sites.

I don't see what the problem with this is. Ff the reader sees the link on this forum then WDWMagic has already gotten the traffic whether someone clicks on the link to the other site of not. If you post just the pictures you have to post the name of the site anyway, so unless you post all the picture people are probably going to go there anyway link or not.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't see what the problem with this is. Ff the reader sees the link on this forum then WDWMagic has already gotten the traffic whether someone clicks on the link to the other site of not. If you post just the pictures you have to post the name of the site anyway, so unless you post all the picture people are probably going to go there anyway link or not.

Run a website.. and you'll know the difference :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Run a website.. and you'll know the difference :)

I do run websites, and I still don't see the difference.

I see links to WDW Magic news items and message board posts on other sites all the time, so it works both ways. As much as I like this site, photo updates are not one of it's stong points thus the need to send people to other sites for that content.

WDWYankee15

Original Poster
Last I checked this is a "Discussion Forum." I linked to the photos, to share them, and then hope to have a "discussion" HERE about them. If WDWMAGIC doesn't want this type of thread then let me know and I won't do it or simply take the thread down.

Honestly I don't see how this is any different than posting to a link to a Disney Parks Blog post in a thread. Often this is done by WDWMAGIC themselves.

I see it as this is a place that people who love Disney come to share ideas, thoughts and discussion on one of their favorite topics, DISNEY! I came across some great photos. I wish to share them with others who have a passion like I do and then hopefully talk about them. Getting peoples' opinions on them, maybe share some thoughts of what might happen next, what the pictures "mean," etc. is what is fun. For those who are Disney fans, but live far away or economically can't be at Disney all the time, it is the pictures and the discussions that we cherish.

The reality is the last thing I want to do is come here and be ridiculed by and argue with others. Disney to me is everything that is good in life. (Don't read that as Disney does no wrong). It represents fun, at any age, let loose and forget your troubles. Please don't take that spirit and fun away be meanspirited remarks.

So again, if WDWMAGIC doesn't want this type of thread, then let me know and take it down. If not, if you don't like a thread, then don't read it. It was pretty clear from the thread topic subject line what the thread was and what it was about.

I now hope this is the end of this tangent you have taking this thread on and hope that we can get back to discussing, what I believe is something we all (most of us anyways) very much are interested in and want to discuss here... DISNEY!

mollydtt

I loved seeing the new photos. The dark and cloudy skies added a great touch to the beast's castle. (I have a few photos of the T o T with menacing skies, too.)
Anyway, thanks for the links. I hope to get back to the Magic Kingdom next year to see everything in person.
I especially like the way everything looks at night with the lighting, but that's just my taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom