New Fantasmic "preshow"

mm52200

Original Poster
Just got back from a trip to WDW, and wanted to let you know about a change to the Fantasmic pre-show. Gone are the live hosts. At first I got really happy that they had just gotten rid of the pre-show but 15 minutes before the show, a sound recording came on featuring "DJ Rich" or something like that. He claimed he was in the sound booth, played some tunes like Happy, Shake it off by Taylor Swift, Love Is An Open Door, all interspersed with blatant promotions for the Glow with the Show items, and getting hype for Fantasmic. The worst offender was that they played Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, and after the song said "Now who remembers what character Miley Cyrus played on the Disney Channel. come on everyone, shout it out!" Isn't Disney past trying to associate with her? The whole thing was pretty horrible. Actually made me miss the other pre-show.

asianway

Just got back from a trip to WDW, and wanted to let you know about a change to the Fantasmic pre-show. Gone are the live hosts. At first I got really happy that they had just gotten rid of the pre-show but 15 minutes before the show, a sound recording came on featuring "DJ Rich" or something like that. He claimed he was in the sound booth, played some tunes like Happy, Shake it off by Taylor Swift, Love Is An Open Door, all interspersed with blatant promotions for the Glow with the Show items, and getting hype for Fantasmic. The worst offender was that they played Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, and after the song said "Now who remembers what character Miley Cyrus played on the Disney Channel. come on everyone, shout it out!" Isn't Disney past trying to associate with her? The whole thing was pretty horrible. Actually made me miss the other pre-show.
Where's the Miss me yet meme?

Rasvar

I'm glad i wasn't the only one. The pre recorded pre-show roll actually did have me wishing for some of the ridiculous antics they had before. It's pretty bad when the crowd tried to start it's own wave out of boredom. Oh how I hate the Wave but it was better than that thing!

JordanNite

Yawn ... i'm suprised they didn't open up a shop up there, i mean it's a good one minute walk without them trying to sell you something.

FigmentVegas

mm522, I agree that it is cringeworthy. I witnessed it on Friday night, and it felt like a very hard sell for Made with Magic stuff and concessions. I think we counted 7 different mentions of what could be bought in the 20 minutes before the show....Very un-disney like in my opinion.

Mouse_Trap

The live 'hosts' really were a complete cringefest. About time the scrapped it.

Why they couldn't do something like project classic Disney cartoons I don't know.
Oh wait, I do.....people may realise how poor most current productions are and how inferior most of the current crop of computer animated films are.

habuma

Although a fan of Fantasmic!, I've never been a fan of the pre-show and this new pre-show sounds even worse.

While in Disneyland 1.5 weeks ago, I was pleased that the pre-show for Fantasmic! was a little fireworks show they call "Disneyland Forever". Much better than the live hosts or this new thing that they have at DHS.

ProjectXBlog

Wow...i guess it has been a really long time since i saw the WDW version of 'Fantasmic'.

Last i knew, the pre-show consisted of nothing more then listening to the 'Mouse House' CD tracks over the loudspeakers.
yeah, it's like dejá vu. there was a preshow with ushers in the early days, then they went to the preshow i'm most familiar with, the lame one with the dance remix of "under the sea" etc. the audience would be so bored they'd do the wave and everything lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom