New family suites at value resorts

ryguy

I found this line in the description interesting " The second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman." Has anyone ever slept on one of these? There the most uncomfortable beds ever. I know most of us on this site will be sleeping on the Queen bed but I feel bad for anyone who will be sleeping on the pullouts. By day two the kiddies will be sleeping with mom and dad complaining of back pains!! Love the idea but they dropped the ball by not having real beds. If you going to do it, do it right!

djmatthews

Don L Duck said:
Does any one know why they stopped work on the legends part of pop century, and when will they resume work?:brick:

From what I understand the whole PC project stopped following a slowdown in attendance after Sept 11th 2001. Phase One opened later than planned. Phase Two remains like a ghost down. It's very bad show!

I don't think anyone knows when work will begin again, but lets hope it begins again soon.

Don L Duck

djmatthews said:
From what I understand the whole PC project stopped following a slowdown in attendance after Sept 11th 2001. Phase One opened later than planned. Phase Two remains like a ghost down. It's very bad show!

I don't think anyone knows when work will begin again, but lets hope it begins again soon.

Thanks:wave: for the info I was at POP this past Friday,and one of the buildings that you can see if you walk to the end of the bridge by the lake,looks as if the roof is sinking in the middle.:(

crazygirley

optjay said:
I did have to laugh at the NON SMOKING thing though. I was just at POP for the E.E. DVC preview and asked for a non smoke room and boy did it STINK like smoke!! Guess people dont really CARE about the NON smoke room becouse after being moved several times to other non smoke rooms I gave up. They all had been heavily smoked in!
I witnessed this firsthand on my most recent trip as I entered the non-smoking room of one of the people I was at WDW with - they had obviously smoked in the room. It's ignorant. I was furious at that person. I wished they wouldn't have been so selfish. I wished they would have gotten a smoking room - and I wish they would have gotten caught by someone who could have done something.

gcurling

From what I understand there is no discount on any suites anywhere on property, AP Discount or otherwise!! Belle

Quite frequently, the suites in the Contemporary wings and the suites at Coronado Springs are offered with AP and FL resident discounts.

Rob562

jesserin said:
192 Suites? does this mean there will no longer be "preferred" rooms at the ASMusic? That would really stink... Since the suites are just 2 regular rooms, there can't me more than 364 rooms in the Calypso and Jazz buildings (which are currently the preferred rooms) I really don't see this as good news...

Currently, only the Calypso buildings are the "Preferred" location.

Each All-Star building has 192 rooms. Converting the rooms into two-room suites would halve the number of rooms to 96, but then two buildings would bring you back up to the announced 192 suites. So, my guess is that they're going to convert one building each of Calypso and Jazz into suites. That way you get suites that are close to the main building, but you can still have regular rooms in both of those sections, too. (And continue to charge extra for the "Preferred" Calypso rooms) Whether they start considering the other Jazz building as "Preferred" too remains to be seen.

-Rob

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think this is definitely a good idea. How the actual implemenation goes, and the guest response, will remain to be seen, but I think it's a great step to making it more friendly for larger families. I'm rather surprised they didn't do this earlier, before the Grand Gatherings period.

ead79

wannabeBelle said:
From what I understand there is no discount on any suites anywhere on property, AP Discount or otherwise!! Belle
Disney does offer AP discounts on some of their “lower priced” suites. The garden suites at the BoardWalk Inn for example.

I think these family suites are a great idea for larger families. I have a feeling they will go over very well at that price point.

Here is the link to the pictures of the test suites: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_asuites.htm

PoTCGuy

Laura22 said:
Wow I'm very pleased with the prices. I was expecting them to be unaffordable.

Though personally, I'd rather crowd my family into the deluxe resorts just to be closer to the magic. :)

Hmmm...I think everyone has a different idea than I do about what is affordable! :animwink:

Although I am VERY pleased to see that Disney might be trying to address the larger family sizes (we have 5 in ours), I think those prices might be too high to compete with the off-site hotels. Even during the regular season, a one bedroom suite can be had for almost half of the prices on that web page. I agree with you, Laura, for $200+ I think I would go for one of the deluxe resorts and a rollaway bed....

spoodles

It has always baffled me that WDW, the family destination epicenter of the universe, with so many resorts aimed at pleasing the widest range of demands, had so little to offer families of more than 4. Not everyone can afford deluxe suites. Seems I may not have been the only one. I would expect these to be hugely popular.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
PoTCGuy said:
Hmmm...I think everyone has a different idea than I do about what is affordable! :animwink:
When compared to the other existing options a family of 5 has for staying on property the price is pretty much in line. Yes, you could squeeze into a room at one of the deluxe resorts but for around the same price or in most cases a little less you get more room an additional bathroom and a kitchenette. When you compare off property rates and factor in all the perks you loose it never seems like a good value to me.

chancellor

Seems to me this is designed to compete with the "family suites" that have been popping up around Orlando. The prices on Mousesavers are in line with the evil Nickelodeon suites across I-4. I think Disney realizes it is losing market share to those hotels that offer more than the two double bed option.

As far as the target market, I have 2 kids and would consider booking one of these (my kids won't sleep in the same bed). I'll bet there are AP discounts if they build out phase II of Pop Century and have enough rooms to spare.

MinnieSummer

When staying off-site you also have to factor in the cost of car rental/parking. The buses that these off-site hotels provide are unreliable at best and standing in the middle of a WDW parking lot waiting for them to show up is not worth the few dollars you may or may not save by staying off-site.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For my family the kitchenette would be a big deal. What we do (and if we've done this on Disney and non-Disney vacations) is eat breakfast at our place in the morning (cereal, toast, juice, pretty basic, not much cooking). Then when you're in the parks eat a nice sit down lunch at one of the many fine eateries the World has to offer. One advantage of this, is the restaurants aren't quite as hectic as they are at dinner time. Then, eat a simple evening meal (sandwiches, maybe a salad, maybe some boxed mac and cheese) using your kitchenette again. Not much work, saves a ton of money on a long trip and you get to eat out somewhere nice every day.

SIR90210

That's very interesting. If Disney does indeed expand this to the whole hotel, what will the high school music groups do? Thinking further, this could be extremely good...much less crowding on the Marching Band trip next May! :sohappy:

JPVonDrake

Official Information Comming Soon!

Please note, the Value Family Suites have not been officially announced by Disney yet and are not available to book. I will be happy to post full information on these suites, their locations and pricing and answer ALL questions concerning them once it becomes official.

:sohappy:

elle72688

JPVonDrake said:
Please note, the Value Family Suites have not been officially announced by Disney yet and are not available to book. I will be happy to post full information on these suites, their locations and pricing and answer ALL questions concerning them once it becomes official.

:sohappy:

Jp you are the best thanks :sohappy: I know I will be looking forward to that information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom