New family suites at value resorts

jesserin

192 Suites? does this mean there will no longer be "preferred" rooms at the ASMusic? That would really stink... Since the suites are just 2 regular rooms, there can't me more than 364 rooms in the Calypso and Jazz buildings (which are currently the preferred rooms) I really don't see this as good news...

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I do believe that these suites were made so that families of 5 and 6 can stay more affordably at Disney. I have many clients with larger families who have booked 2 connecting rooms at the AS in order to save some money and be together.
I think they will be highly popular with a lot of my clients.

Pam

jesserin

I do agree here Pam, they will be very popular... I can't help but wishing they would have chosen a different location for some of the suites... It's a personal choice of course, but we always loved staying in the preferred rooms at the ASMusic... I guess this May will be the last time... :) Oh well, I'm all for bigger and better rooms for families - especially for more affordable alternatives to the home away from home resorts!

Suites

What a great idea especially when one has three or more children.
It will make a WDW holiday within the reach of more families as they
won`t have to eat out every meal which is where the costs rise.

relloron

$239 peak season? Couldn't you just get a hotel room at the AKL for that price? :hammer: I don't think this would be good. Es[ecially since many people want to stay there anyway. How about in the country section?:lol:

jesserin

relloron said:
$239 peak season? Couldn't you just get a hotel room at the AKL for that price? :hammer: I don't think this would be good. Es[ecially since many people want to stay there anyway. How about in the country section?:lol:

Not for 6 people! :) :hammer: That's the whole point... so more families can stay comfortably!

Epcot82Guy

I think it sounds like a great idea. I do agree losing all the preferred rooms is not the best, but I think this is a good plan overall. I really do wonder if the next buildings at POP will go this way if it proves successful.

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I do believe that these suites were made so that families of 5 and 6 can stay more affordably at Disney. I have many clients with larger families who have booked 2 connecting rooms at the AS in order to save some money and be together.
I think they will be highly popular with a lot of my clients.

Pam
I was thinking the same thing, having done the connecting room thing a few years ago. But with single rooms (value) at $79, 2 would only be $158. The question is, is it worth the extra $11/night to be able to cook your own meals?

My wife would say yes! I would say, heck no! I'm on vacation, let someone else cook!:lol:

Craig

optjay

I see this as a great idea! Less costly then a DVC unit, with several of the same amenities it is sure to be popular with families not worried about location or themeing, just cost. Im sure by taking over rooms to build these, they will have to open the rest of POP CENTURY to make up for lost single rooms.

I did have to laugh at the NON SMOKING thing though. I was just at POP for the E.E. DVC preview and asked for a non smoke room and boy did it STINK like smoke!! Guess people dont really CARE about the NON smoke room becouse after being moved several times to other non smoke rooms I gave up. They all had been heavily smoked in!

Tinkershelly

Original Poster
DisneyFans! said:
I was thinking the same thing, having done the connecting room thing a few years ago. But with single rooms (value) at $79, 2 would only be $158. The question is, is it worth the extra $11/night to be able to cook your own meals?

My wife would say yes! I would say, heck no! I'm on vacation, let someone else cook!:lol:

Craig

Sure the value season price is $79, but that is for a regular room. Since the new suites are in the preferred area of the resort these rooms would be $91 each in value season. Two rooms would be $183 and if you add in the refrigerator, at $15 per night, then this seems like a bargain at $169.:lol:

Seriously, though, I see this as one step closer to WDW becoming an optional "all-inclusive" resort destination. They have included transportation from the airport so you won't rent a car and be tempted to wander off and spend time and money anywhere else. With the optional dining plan and now the value family suites, they are slowly but surely removing the reasons that people would stay off-site, and give their money to someone else. It works for me!:animwink:

Tink

ps Hey DisneyFans, perhaps you sould change your name to CurlingFans! Congrats (to us all) on the gold medal:sohappy:

HiddenMinnie

I think it's a great idea!! I have been hoping for this since we got back from WDW last summer. We have 4 kids, and the only way we could afford to go last year was that my brother and his wife went with us and two of our kids stayed in their room. We stayed at POP and had connecting rooms. We would love to stay in a family suite, but the resorts that offer family suites are a little too expensive for us. This is exactly what I've been waiting for!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In my situation of having a 3 kids, these suites will be a godsend. In the past our most economical solution was a room at PO but it was very cramped and there was only 1 bathroom to 4 girls. Not only will these suites provide nearly twice the space as a PO room but with the kitchenette it can easily eliminate having to buy breakfast in the morning which even at the values can be $30-$50 per day. Not to mention mom and dad can have a little privacy in the evening.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
With Master Yoda, I agree. These suites are a godsend and a sign that Disney is starting to address what many (myself included) percieve as the major problem with Disney resorts - lack of options for families with more than 4 people.

djmatthews

There are some pictures of a trial suite somewhere on the Internet. It would be great if they would finally use the Pop Century Phase II buildings as "Pop Century Family Suites".... or something along those lines.

Laura

Premium Member
Wow I'm very pleased with the prices. I was expecting them to be unaffordable.

Though personally, I'd rather crowd my family into the deluxe resorts just to be closer to the magic. :)

lamarvenoy

I hope they finish the POP second phase with suites. I hate seeing it sit in that depressing 1/2 done state.What a waste of money.

madge

wannabeBelle said:
From what I understand there is no discount on any suites anywhere on property, AP Discount or otherwise!! Belle

not even AAA? rats. We'll probably stick with PO-R, then!

PS... Belle, disregard my PM, LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom