New Exchange Partner?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Just got this in my email....
Dear Member,

At Disney Vacation Club, we know how much you enjoy exploring destinations and experiences beyond your Home Resorts. Our team is dedicated to helping you create unforgettable vacation memories around the world. That’s why we’re thrilled to name Interval International as our exclusive new exchange provider for traditional exchanges, effective Jan. 1, 2022.

This new relationship will offer you a broad range of resort experiences, providing flexible and diverse opportunities in amazing locations across Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, as well as destinations closer to home including the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Through Interval International, you will have access to thousands of resorts including a specially curated portfolio of high-quality properties selected especially for Members. This expanded portfolio includes well-known resorts offered by Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin, to name a few.

In the meantime, you can continue to book nightly and weekly exchanges in the traditional exchanges through our current program until Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, any confirmed reservations or points that have been deposited to RCI will be honored through 2023. If you have confirmed exchanges with RCI, deposited points with RCI or made a booking with RCI using cash, you can always review your activity on the Member website.

We’re excited to continue to provide you and your family with a whole new world of vacation possibilities!

All the best,

William C. “Bill” Diercksen
Senior Vice President & General Manager
Disney Vacation Club and Aulani

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
This is good news. Interval Internation provides higher quality resorts than RCI. On top of that as a Wyndam Vacation Club member I can still book with RCI. This will now give us more options when traveling to Italy.
That's good to hear. I don't know my timeshares as well as some others, RCI seemed decent though limited choices in some areas.

correcaminos

This is good news. Interval Internation provides higher quality resorts than RCI. On top of that as a Wyndam Vacation Club member I can still book with RCI. This will now give us more options when traveling to Italy.
Agreed that this being good news. I never used RCI because I felt the choices were weak. Felt II was stronger in choices before the RCI switch so glad for the change.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Agreed that this being good news. I never used RCI because I felt the choices were weak. Felt II was stronger in choices before the RCI switch so glad for the change.
I gotta say, after checking out their directory, I think RCI had better choices for Ski resorts...

correcaminos

I gotta say, after checking out their directory, I think RCI had better choices for Ski resorts...
Cannot speak to that. After a skiing accident when I was a teen that destroyed my knee, the last thing I'd do now is book a skiing vacation. As a whole II had better choices IMO and are of better quality than RCI. RCI was never worth the points for us to bother.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Cannot speak to that. After a skiing accident when I was a teen that destroyed my knee, the last thing I'd do now is book a skiing vacation. As a whole II had better choices IMO and are of better quality than RCI. RCI was never worth the points for us to bother.
I have only used it for skiing and I ly once when I first bought in and had to put extra points somewhere. Had a great stay in Vail and points were well used.. Sorry to hear about your knee, my wife blew hers out 2 years ago and is hoping it holds up on our next trip.

correcaminos

I have only used it for skiing and I ly once when I first bought in and had to put extra points somewhere. Had a great stay in Vail and points were well used.. Sorry to hear about your knee, my wife blew hers out 2 years ago and is hoping it holds up on our next trip.
Hope she does better than I did. Hyper extended mine and after a few attempts after the accident to ski, I gave up. My spouse is PRan and never skied in his life so he's not missing out in his eyes lol

Rob562

As an RCI member I will say that the rather short-notice on the change in exchange networks was an unpleasant surprise. (Didn't help that the news broke just as we were flying to Disneyland, so this was nagging in the back of my mind throughout our trip) All of my logistical decisions for our banked non-Disney timeshare weeks were made with the intention of exchanging into a DVC unit this April.

So unless I get lucky in the next two weeks and Disney keeps depositing into RCI for me to snag something for our trip dates, our plans have been totally thrown out of whack.

-Rob

RememberWhen

As an RCI member I will say that the rather short-notice on the change in exchange networks was an unpleasant surprise. (Didn't help that the news broke just as we were flying to Disneyland, so this was nagging in the back of my mind throughout our trip) All of my logistical decisions for our banked non-Disney timeshare weeks were made with the intention of exchanging into a DVC unit this April.

So unless I get lucky in the next two weeks and Disney keeps depositing into RCI for me to snag something for our trip dates, our plans have been totally thrown out of whack.

-Rob
We had similar thoughts, hoping for something over the summer. We have tons of RCI points due to pandemic vacation cancelations but we can go hang out at the beach instead. We’ll have to use the DVC points for on-property stays now.
(I sound snooty. We were “gifted” a time share by my father in-law because he didn’t want to pay the maintenance fees anymore. It trades with rci. And my mom added me and my sisters to her DVC deed.)
Still bummed about the change, but maybe our non-DVC timeshare will switch to trade into interval too. They used to.

Rob562

We had similar thoughts, hoping for something over the summer. We have tons of RCI points due to pandemic vacation cancelations but we can go hang out at the beach instead. We’ll have to use the DVC points for on-property stays now.
(I sound snooty. We were “gifted” a time share by my father in-law because he didn’t want to pay the maintenance fees anymore. It trades with rci. And my mom added me and my sisters to her DVC deed.)
Still bummed about the change, but maybe our non-DVC timeshare will switch to trade into interval too. They used to.

If you're still looking to book, start stalking the RCI site constantly. Even though it's after Jan 1 and theoretically there shouldn't be anything new, there has been a veritable flood of DVC weeks being deposited into RCI the past couple days for March through early June. No one is exactly sure why these are appearing in RCI now instead of in the new exchange network II, but theories include the II partnership not quite being ready to go, or a bunch of DVC owners depositing expiring DVC points into RCI (which are then good for an additional year or two past the deposit date) so they don't lose them.

I was able to snag the exact week I needed in late April at OKW. Most weeks are SSR with some OKW, but there have been a couple AKL sightings and even one BWV.

-Rob

RememberWhen

If you're still looking to book, start stalking the RCI site constantly. Even though it's after Jan 1 and theoretically there shouldn't be anything new, there has been a veritable flood of DVC weeks being deposited into RCI the past couple days for March through early June. No one is exactly sure why these are appearing in RCI now instead of in the new exchange network II, but theories include the II partnership not quite being ready to go, or a bunch of DVC owners depositing expiring DVC points into RCI (which are then good for an additional year or two past the deposit date) so they don't lose them.

I was able to snag the exact week I needed in late April at OKW. Most weeks are SSR with some OKW, but there have been a couple AKL sightings and even one BWV.

-Rob
Thanks! We did see some OKW and SSR in RCI recently and I was puzzled, but we couldn’t take advantage with the dates available. We booked Holiday Inn Club North (I think) for the week in August we needed. Plus we’ll do a few days on property at the end. I’ll keep my eyes out though just in case. I’m glad you got what you needed!

marksniles

Very disappointed that they dropped RCI. We live in New England and exchanged our points out for weekend trips across New England. For example, with RCI they had a multitude of resorts to pick from now with Interval there are NONE! In the whole state, they have TWO listed and I would have to stay for a whole week! Why are they downgrading our services?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Interval is not a "downgrade" from RCI, it's just different. I understand that it might not work as well for you, but it will work better for others.
I miss RCI as well. If you have to book a full week to use Interval that kinda sucks. RCI has so many more ski resort options at least East but maybe our west Interval will be better. I agree it's just different.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

-Rob
Last week, on a whim, I was looking at rci and found a week in July at OKW. We hesitated, but went ahead and booked it! I checked for a couple days after that and it still had a couple of summer weeks at OKW. Then I checked again yesterday and none of the DVC resorts show up on RCI anymore. I’m glad I grabbed the week when I could, even though it’ll mean I have to travel to Disney twice this summer. Shucks…

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Last week, on a whim, I was looking at rci and found a week in July at OKW. We hesitated, but went ahead and booked it! I checked for a couple days after that and it still had a couple of summer weeks at OKW. Then I checked again yesterday and none of the DVC resorts show up on RCI anymore. I’m glad I grabbed the week when I could, even though it’ll mean I have to travel to Disney twice this summer. Shucks…
July you say…..🤔

RememberWhen

July you say…..🤔
It’s currently “tentative” as DW has to work, and DS will be at summer camp, but I’m hoping to bring the two littles DD5 and DD1, with my mom in tow to help. July 8-15. There’s a sprig of a chance we might cancel, as we have a longer family trip planned for August. But, gotta get our passes worth, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom