New Epcot shirt may be coming

WDWFigment

I don't know much about Disney protocol when making shirts, but my guess is that they already made the decision not to release the shirt, and are just finding a way to "dispose" of the production samples. I can't imagine them releasing production samples of a shirt they intend to make. That's just my uninformed opinion--hopefully I'm wrong.

I don't know much about Disney protocol when making shirts, but my guess is that they already made the decision not to release the shirt, and are just finding a way to "dispose" of the production samples. I can't imagine them releasing production samples of a shirt they intend to make. That's just my uninformed opinion--hopefully I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong, too, but I think you're probably right! I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway...

WDW1974

Disney doesn't throw anything away ... the Mouse is the ultimate pack rat. My fanboi fantasy is to run wild in their warehouses.

I have seen 15-year-old shirts suddenly appear 'brand new' at the outlet stores and Property Control in the past. Other items ... a few years back they had hundreds (if not more) of the silver envelopes that pre-opening EPCOT Center commemorative tickets came in (second time in 10 minutes here tonight I've mentioned that) for sale at a cast sale for like 99 cents.

Of course, sometimes you get real treasure that way too ... so anything they make but decide not to sell in the P&R winds up somewhere other than a landfill.

But I'll bet you anything that in some deep dark warehouse corner they have boxes of Hercules polos, Atlantis action figures and items with logos for things like EPCOT '95 and Disney-MGM on them.

~Cast sales can be magical!~

sillyspook13

I own a few samples of products that were later sold in the parks (Thanks to a connection in the department; some things were gifts purchased at a sample sale. Others were products that I was allowed to test and keep after I gave feedback. Unfortunately said connection works for another department but may be able to find out if the shirt will be made.), so anything is possible!:D

sillyspook13

Disney doesn't throw anything away ... the Mouse is the ultimate pack rat. My fanboi fantasy is to run wild in their warehouses.

I have seen 15-year-old shirts suddenly appear 'brand new' at the outlet stores and Property Control in the past. Other items ... a few years back they had hundreds (if not more) of the silver envelopes that pre-opening EPCOT Center commemorative tickets came in (second time in 10 minutes here tonight I've mentioned that) for sale at a cast sale for like 99 cents.

Of course, sometimes you get real treasure that way too ... so anything they make but decide not to sell in the P&R winds up somewhere other than a landfill.

But I'll bet you anything that in some deep dark warehouse corner they have boxes of Hercules polos, Atlantis action figures and items with logos for things like EPCOT '95 and Disney-MGM on them.

Indeed they can. Sometimes it's worth sifting through the piles of Pirates of the Caribbean obscure character action figures and partially evaporated snowglobes to find that one hidden gem.:lol:

mrtoad

While, I love the old logos very much the placement of them is a little strange. I would think they would look better circled around the SSE one and not have the Universe one off the side, it looks weird.

The other think is the logos look like they are pins or something, not part of the shirt. I wonder what they are?

EPCOT Explorer

It's like eBay...IRL.:lol:

*wants to go there too*

Bolna

Those t-shirts look great, but those three stripes on the v-neck look a lot like adidas's stripes and at least in Europe they are trademarked. Adidas is extremely protective about their three stripes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom