New Epcot Canada Costumes

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Some of the costumes for Canada actually remind me of former costumes from Frontierland.

Timekeeper

Canadian.jpg

I_heart_Tigger

As someone who used to wear the old Canadian costume - first thank your for getting rid of those hideous culottes. I liked having the option for girls to wear shorts if working outside but they did away with that after a while and it was culottes galore.

The plaid shirts are actually very thin and not at all hot btw. We had the best deal for costumes for girls - no layers of petticoats and aprons, just shorts and a thin shirt that we could roll the sleeves up.

I like the look of the girls outfit but wish they would have kept the work boots. I liked my steel toed s--tkickers, especially when hauling that engraving table and leather bracelet rack around.

The new boys outfit is awful. What is with the vest? Also why are they mixing so much dark brown and black...don't do that! If you got any tackier you'd make them wear white socks with black shoes...oh, wait. :confused:

Does anyone remember the awful costumes in the store on the upper level, La Boutique des Provinces (or as many Americans called it... La Booty Queue). It sold all the Anne of Green Gables stuff. They had to wear something that looked like Mary Poppins joined military ranks who could only be camouflaged in a circus tent.

I_heart_Tigger

When given the option, some CMs/TMs wear pants instead of shorts for outdoor shifts because of the hideous tan lines that result. Who, man or woman, wants to go out in public with tanned legs and completely white feet?

sock-tan-lines.jpg
Between broken toes and a bad tan I'll take the bad tan. Besides the boots were super comfy, I'm not terribly vain and I've always been a big fan of sunscreen.

EDIT: also they would have a bad tan on their arms and neckline as well so who cares about their feet?

Timekeeper

Between broken toes and a bad tan I'll take the bad tan. Besides the boots were super comfy, I'm not terribly vain and I've always been a big fan of sunscreen.

EDIT: also they would have a bad tan on their arms and neckline as well so who cares about their feet?

What do broken toes and boots have to do with tan lines? The point is that CMs wear closed-toe shoes, so if they're also wearing shorts/skirt, outdoors, in Florida, there will be white feet regardless of sunscreen.

Arms and neckline can be covered with normal clothing, and not to stereotype, but in Florida plenty of guys like to wear sandals, girls like to wear strappy shoes, etc. I only suggested that, given the option between shorts and pants, plenty of CMs would opt for pants to avoid looking like the photo above. To each their own.

I_heart_Tigger

What do broken toes and boots have to do with tan lines? The point is that CMs wear closed-toe shoes, so if they're also wearing shorts/skirt, outdoors, in Florida, there will be white feet regardless of sunscreen.

Arms and neckline can be covered with normal clothing, and not to stereotype, but in Florida plenty of guys like to wear sandals, girls like to wear strappy shoes, etc. I only suggested that, given the option between shorts and pants, plenty of CMs would opt for pants to avoid looking like the photo above. To each their own.

I'm speaking of my personal experiences wearing the Canadian Pavilion outfit. I wore boots which helped when moving heavy objects morning and night which often fell over onto my steel toed boots.

My tan lines were not the greatest but given the option of the two I would take the bad tan lines over the broken toes. Also (again personal experience wearing the CP costume) your arms are bare to the elbow or higher and your neckline is lowcut leaving a "V" tan line.

Girls did not have the choice to wear pants, only culottes or (at that time) shorts.

I_heart_Tigger

Just as an update. Today is the first day of the new unifoms and the cms I spoke to said they are a lot cooler and the sneakers are more comfortable than the boots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom