New entrance music at Epcot??

nicoleb

Original Poster
Does anyone know whats the new music thats playing at the Epcot Entrance?? We were there a couple of days ago and the music had changed from our last trip last year.

MrPromey

SillySpook reported on that. It's now a mix of the music from all the attractions.. Personally, after hearing it for myself, I think that I liked it more the way it was before they changed it.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MrPromey
SillySpook reported on that. It's now a mix of the music from all the attractions.. Personally, after hearing it for myself, I think that I liked it more the way it was before they changed it.

That's what they used to do way back when. They used to play the instrumentals from all the future world attractions. I still have the original album bought in 1983.

sillyspook13

That's right. It was originally a portion of the Reflections of Earth music followed by an instrumental version of Tomorrow's Child (which I could often be seen singing along with:rolleyes: ). Now it is a mix of songs from the attractions. For example, while walking into the park I heard music from Universe of Energy. After searching for Maria's picture (with no luck) at Leave a Legacy, I noticed I was listening to music from Honey I Shrunk the Audience.:cool:

Tink

I haven't heard the new music yet (but I will in less than 2 weeks). I really liked the old music. It was very inspiring? Yeah, inspiring...:)

MrPromey

Yea, that's what I liked about it. You went in and there was this large, impossible structure there and the music just played into the mood. Now, when they cut to the HISTA track, it's sort of hokey. Feels more like an amusement park to me the way it is now. It's not that big of a deal but I still notice. I bet the new music would start grate on the poor cast members who have to hear it all day though!.. Speaking of entrance music, on more than one occasion, on the way into MGM I've heard the instrumental from Back To The Future which I found kind of odd, all things considered. I'm guessing that most people probably wouldn't pick up on that but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Tink

I usually pick up on music and I don't remember that particular song in the MGM repertoire. I remember a lot of songs from musicals like "Music Man" and (maybe?) "Oklahoma" though.

But I'll check it out in - you guessed it - less than two weeks from now.:)

Dizknee_Phreek

there's of course, a lot of big band and swing music played at mgm as well. mostly on the wing with ToT..i think that's sunset blvd, right? anyway, i have 3 cd's of that kind of music, and on out trip in either April or June i recognized a lot of it. i don't know the names of the songs, exactly, but i do know you can find two of the 3 cd's i have at your nearest Cracker Barrel. that is, if all Cracker Barrels have the little 'touch to listen' music thing. i'm just assuming you all know the kind of thing i'm talking about.

as for the new entry music at Epcot, i liked it a whole lot better before the millinium celebration. don't get me wrong, i loved the millinium celebration music..it was the best! and it was fine for during the millinium celebration...but afterwards, they should've put the original back and left it at that! btw, did you all know that the music that you hear around the fountain area (you can also hear it clearly in the Electric Umbrella and what used to be the pizza place) is only 20 minutes long? it just keeps looping! you KNOW those workers around those areas HAVE to get tired of that music after an hour or two!! it is nice music though. you guys weren't talking about that music were you? you were talking about the music right after you go through the gates, right?

and while we're on the subject of Epcot...what do you guys think about the 'epcot' above the ball. i, for one, can't stand it! the 2000 was awesome!! but i think the 'epcot' just kinda looks....i dunno...what's the word i'm looking for....dinky? (is that even a word? lol!) to me it's just like a big eye sore! the ball stood its own without having 'epcot' written out above it!! with all due respect, eisner...i think we all know where we are!! :rolleyes:

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tink
I usually pick up on music and I don't remember that particular song in the MGM repertoire. I remember a lot of songs from musicals like "Music Man" and (maybe?) "Oklahoma" though.

But I'll check it out in - you guessed it - less than two weeks from now.:)

If you go to the link below and click on the first song (1. Back To The Future) you will hear part of the music I'm talking about. It's been a little while since I've heard it being as how the music is on a rotation and I don't usually spend a lot of time in the entrance area but I'm guessing that unless they have recently updated things for the 100 years like at Epcot, it's still in there…

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserve.../FIND/album.html/artistid=BACK+TO+THE+FUTURE+(SOUNDTRACK)/itemid=794343

BTW Tink, happy to hear about your soon to be trip. :)

<SRH>

Plus the area at Dis-MGM-Stu where there is a fast-food restaurant I have heard many t.v. show themes like: "What's Happening", "Roseanne", "Soap", etc.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I just got a chance to hear the new entrance music. I was concerend about what they may have done! :) but I was pleasantly surprised. The new loop includes the new arrangements of the original Imagination score, American Adventure, Energy, Shrunk the Audience, and some other stuff I couldnt identify.

Good job Epcot! :)

I, for one, love the 2001 Epcot loop! I also love the original 1982/83 loop. Would someone be willing to post an image of the lp cover of the 1983 release? I have burned my mp3 onto a cd and would like to replicate the original artwork.

Thanks a lot!

Jim

agdbeanie

Originally posted by MrPromey
Speaking of entrance music, on more than one occasion, on the way into MGM I've heard the instrumental from Back To The Future which I found kind of odd, all things considered. I'm guessing that most people probably wouldn't pick up on that but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Why is that so weird?

Bairstow

I once heard the James Bond theme in the gift shop at the end of the backstage tour in MGM. It was unexpected, but it made me want them to build a 007 attraction of some sort, even if there is already one at one of the Paramount parks.

As for the Tower of Terror music, here's a page with a listing and samples: Tower of Terror Sounds

I've got little sympathy for the CMs having to listen to that 20-minute music loop all day, having worked for a number of summers as an elevator operator constantly listening to a 74-second voice/music loop. Now that's maddening.

Invero

Originally posted by nicoleb
Does anyone know whats the new music thats playing at the Epcot Entrance?? We were there a couple of days ago and the music had changed from our last trip last year.

They've had this new music for awhile now... at least since last summer or fall. I remember working at the Epcot monorail station, and coming in and hearing the new music... I was like, WOW... :) Personally, I love the new music, and anytime I'd be at Epcot, I'd stay on the platform, just to listen to it.

You have to understand... after working at Epcot, and hearing Reflections of Earth and Tomorrow's Child ALLLLL day long... it gets a little tiresome... so it was nice to see a bigger selection now. (Don't get me wrong, RoE and TC are two of my favorite Disney tunes)

Dr. Dom

Dizknee_Phreek and Fantasia Boi both wrote things that lead me to this question: Is there different music at the entrance area and by the fountain area. I love it all and I remember that last October, the music sounded the same as November of 2000. Also is the music you hear coming from the bus area the same as the entrance area? I'm just trying to get it straight so I can listen for the difference when I'm there in June. Thanks!

Invero

Originally posted by Dr. Dom
Is there different music at the entrance area and by the fountain area. I love it all and I remember that last October, the music sounded the same as November of 2000. Also is the music you hear coming from the bus area the same as the entrance area? I'm just trying to get it straight so I can listen for the difference when I'm there in June. Thanks!

The music we are talking about is from Spaceship Earth, forward... meaning, Leave A Legacy, turnstiles, Monorails, Busses, etc.

The Fountain [of Nations] is referring to the fountain behind SE, the one that is sync'ed to (different) music.

AdLibSean

So they've changed it????? Oh I loved the 2000/2001 loop SO much! Does ANY of the loop remain in the new one? I heard the old one play in June of 2001...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom