New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Twodoodles

The recent renovation screwed it up. It doesn't look remotely as good as it used to; it's kind of a weird mishmash of modern and themed.
We tried to give the ‘new‘ Belle Vue Lounge a chance, one evening last week ….. hoping to have some cocktails. I moved around the room trying out the different types of seating but couldn’t find anything that was comfortable to sit in or on. Some of the chairs I just kept sliding off due to the fabric ! It would have been funny if I wasn’t so sad about the changes. We abandoned that plan and out of curiosity I tried sitting in the chairs in the new coffee area off the lobby…. I slid off those too. It might partly be due to my attempted relaxed posture… but even so…
luckily some of the old comfortable seating still remains in the lobby …fingers crossed they don’t modernize that.

Twodoodles

Did not see the umbrellas out at the Boardwalk tables last week - I wonder what happened to them?

I (along with many others) am disappointed that the updated coffee shop and/or table area in the lobby did not include a space for a resort mug refill station or freestyle machine- a missed opportunity to give a little ‘extra’ something, to make our vacation refuelling a bit easier .

Sad to say- the resort mug refill station in the ‘updated’ Boardwalk Deli, has definitely seen better days - it was broken one day last week - it’s a shame they couldn’t add a nice new freestyle machine when they did the quick ‘refurbishment’ there recently.

and while I am having a moan…. The options to fill the resort mugs at the leaping horse libations Bar at the main pool are very limited and It would be nice if there was a mug refill area at the quiet (DVC) pool. I’m sure many other people have said the same thing ..but these little touches would be nice additions.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

Was there a few nights ago, the furniture felt like a modern spin on 30s design to me , not terrible, but not great. What bothered me more was that the furniture just felt too big for the space, the scale felt off and made the area look clumsy. They really need to revisit both the lounge and the coffee bar and redo it. Then also fix the OKW lobby… and SSR lobby….

any chance they circle back to the coffee place or are we stuck with that?
Don’t forget the Port Orleans food court…

ToTBellHop

Add it to the list
1677073189541.png

surfsupdon

Did not see the umbrellas out at the Boardwalk tables last week - I wonder what happened to them?

I (along with many others) am disappointed that the updated coffee shop and/or table area in the lobby did not include a space for a resort mug refill station or freestyle machine- a missed opportunity to give a little ‘extra’ something, to make our vacation refuelling a bit easier .

Sad to say- the resort mug refill station in the ‘updated’ Boardwalk Deli, has definitely seen better days - it was broken one day last week - it’s a shame they couldn’t add a nice new freestyle machine when they did the quick ‘refurbishment’ there recently.

and while I am having a moan…. The options to fill the resort mugs at the leaping horse libations Bar at the main pool are very limited and It would be nice if there was a mug refill area at the quiet (DVC) pool. I’m sure many other people have said the same thing ..but these little touches would be nice additions.
One of the best additions/upgrades Disney did that was SO THOUGHTFUL was to add coke freestyle machines for mug refills in several buildings at CBR. This enabled quick localized refills.

It’s still crazy that this thoughtfulness has not extended to many more resorts- including Boardwalk! You should not need to walk outside in rain to refill a mug at that price point!

UNCgolf

One of the best additions/upgrades Disney did that was SO THOUGHTFUL was to add coke freestyle machines for mug refills in several buildings at CBR. This enabled quick localized refills.

It’s still crazy that this thoughtfulness has not extended to many more resorts- including Boardwalk! You should not need to walk outside in rain to refill a mug at that price point!

It would be even better if they'd add regular Coke fountains and not the garbage Freestyle machines. I know people like being able to make the different flavors but if you just want a regular Coca-Cola you're out of luck -- the standard Coke out of Freestyle machines is terrible and doesn't taste anything like Coke from other sources.

surfsupdon

It would be even better if they'd add regular Coke fountains and not the garbage Freestyle machines. I know people like being able to make the different flavors but if you just want a regular Coca-Cola you're out of luck -- the standard Coke out of Freestyle machines is terrible and doesn't taste anything like Coke from other sources.
Yikes. I did not know. I enjoy the machines for water and lemonade. Plus trying a crazy random sugared drink I'd never try elsewhere. Regardless, these machines, or fountains, should be placed around the various Disney Resorts. They are convenient, especially at the large spread out resorts.

Fun fact- the machines at CBR islands were not RFID enabled so you could fill up your hydroflask as well.

UNCgolf

Yikes. I did not know. I enjoy the machines for water and lemonade. Plus trying a crazy random sugared drink I'd never try elsewhere. Regardless, these machines, or fountains, should be placed around the various Disney Resorts. They are convenient, especially at the large spread out resorts.

Fun fact- the machines at CBR islands were not RFID enabled so you could fill up your hydroflask as well.

I know I just complained about them but I should probably thank Coke -- it helped cut down on the amount of Coke I drink. I'd stopped buying it to have at home a long time ago, but used to regularly get one with a meal. Whenever I see a Freestyle machine, though, I usually end up drinking water instead.

Alanzo

I had no idea ... But also have never tried. Coke vanilla zero with a splash of cherry always called to me.

EPCOT-O.G.

Conventional drink refill machines : OG Journey Into Imagination :: Coke Freestyle : Journey into YOUR Imagination

Jambo Dad

Don’t agree - love Freestyle machines. Even my regular Coke Zero is better.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Beginning March 11, the Concierge Lounge at BoardWalk Inn will reportedly be closing for refurbishment and is expected to be closed through the end of April.

castlecake2.0

Beginning March 11, the Concierge Lounge at BoardWalk Inn will reportedly be closing for refurbishment and is expected to be closed through the end of April.

Hopefully they learned some things from the carousel coffee fiasco

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom