New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

castlecake2.0

Looks like this could open any day now, looks mostly done construction wise, just need to move in some finishing fixtures. I can say from the brief glimpse I got that I do not like the modern light fixtures. Disney just can’t seem to find the right balance of time and place setting in their resorts. Overall though I think this will be a welcome addition to the resort. Next on my wishlist would be switching boardwalk deli and the ice cream shop. The deli is way too small and the ice cream way too large for the amount of guests their serving.

surfsupdon

I’m looking forward to the new indoor and outdoor seating?? Where inside? Small store and please don’t clog up the lobby! Maybe by the old concierge counter?

Where outside? On the main backside porch? Maybe access to a new balcony area adjacent to the rear of the store?

Can’t wait for pictures!

Rteetz

I’m looking forward to the new indoor and outdoor seating?? Where inside? Small store and please don’t clog up the lobby! Maybe by the old concierge counter?

Where outside? On the main backside porch? Maybe access to a new balcony area adjacent to the rear of the store?

Can’t wait for pictures!
The coffee shop replaces the store inside the lobby area and the seating is already open across from said store. It’s green…

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

A look inside the new 'Carousel Coffee' at Disney's BoardWalk Inn​

Carousel-Coffee_Full_49791.jpg

Last edited:

surfsupdon

It’s neat to see how they repurposed the small gift shop into a small coffee shop. Interior looks like a better fit for another resort tho.

With this open, is the Belle Vue still serving muffins, pastries, and coffee?

castlecake2.0

The coffee shop needs some decor or something. It’s very bland and boring.
This is the issue I find with EVERY update. It looks nice and modern, but this ain’t supposed to be modern, it’s supposed to be 1930s boardwalk. They need some pieces that set the location in a time and place. Easy fix here would be to find some period light fixtures and switch out some of the bakery displays with an antique hutch or whatnot. It looks nice, I’m sure guests will love a more robust breakfast offering, but once again this whole build looks like it came from an IKEA catalogue. Come on Disney, do better.

Rteetz

This is the issue I find with EVERY update. It looks nice and modern, but this ain’t supposed to be modern, it’s supposed to be 1930s boardwalk. They need some pieces that set the location in a time and place. Easy fix here would be to find some period light fixtures and switch out some of the bakery displays with an antique hutch or whatnot. It looks nice, I’m sure guests will love a more robust breakfast offering, but once again this whole build looks like it came from an IKEA catalogue. Come on Disney, do better.
Even some art on the walls around the counters would help. It needs something.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
While this is a pastry and coffee shop, this might be the most generic "refresh" we have seen for quite some time. It looks like a Hampton Inn continental breakfast bar. Nothing from the pictures (thanks for providing as always!) tells me this is in Disney, other than the CM's uniforms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom