New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Smiley/OCD

the High Class argument is ridiculous...this is a sandwich and cake restaurant that is the wrong idiom for this resort...but it certainly isn't "High Class"... ESPN never fit the storyline of The Boardwalk either... it was too "usual" for an expensive, nicely designed resort hotel.
Disney does lots of things I don't like, but getting rid of ESPN is not one of them.
I don't think Cake Bake Shop was a great choice...again, at the Grand Flo it seems to fit the feeling...especially since High Tea has been served there for years... Even Yacht Club might feel right.... but not on the boardwalk...
You are absolutely right…they should put a REAL NJ diner there…all stainless steel, shaped like a train car, open til midnight every night…breakfast available all day, Taylor Han/pork roll sandwiches…& disco fries…lines out the door…

Bocabear

You are absolutely right…they should put a REAL NJ diner there…all stainless steel, shaped like a train car, open til midnight every night…breakfast available all day, Taylor Han/pork roll sandwiches…& disco fries…lines out the door…
I have suggested that many times.... lol I actually think a Diner type restaurant is what is needed... and would be much appreciated. and something that was open late...like midnight minimum... and design the thing to look appropriate for 1940s Jersey shore... It would be adorable and extremely popular. Especially with pork roll egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast

Aries1975

There are no late night restaurants around Crescent Lake for after Epcot closes or if your flight arrives late. One trip, our flight was diverted due to a medical emergency. We were staying at Grand Flo, so having Gasperilla open to feed my tired, hungry kids and in-laws at 11pm was a godsend.

UNCgolf

I've been to some higher end diner-style places in various cities. That could be a really wonderful addition. Especially now that Beaches and Cream basically ditched their version of it.

Beaches & Cream was never much of a diner in terms of the menu, but it certainly had more of a diner interior. It had some charm that the new location lacks entirely.

Basil of Baker Street

It looks more like a fit for the Grand Floridian in style, content and price.
It does beat ESPN or a vacant spot...
but there are other things that would have been a better fit, or develop a restaurant specifically to fit the Boardwalk theme... a 1940 Jersey Shore diner open until midnight would be a huge hit...and would be well used. The fact that nothing is open late night when most people are getting back from the parks and just want a little something to eat is just ridiculous and leaving money on the table...and theme it ti the Boardwalk 1940s...make it a true thematic fit...nothing else at the property seems to have bothered with that...this would be a nice change.
I'm with you. Looks very GF to me.

Disone

I'm with you. Looks very GF to me.
Yes, but if they put it there then there'd be this whole population of people who would say how dare they put a cake shop in a victorian-themed beach resort.

You might not agree with that but someone on here would say it.

Bocabear

a fancy kind of Victorian cake shop would feel like the right placement for the Grand Floridian...especially for a lovely girly afternoon tea...I don't ever think "High Tea" and "Jersey Shore Boardwalk"...it is not a match... I guess we should be glad they didn't drop this into the Polynesian...since it seems lately like the name of the game is putting things in places they don't necessarily belong... I am waiting for the Taco Bowl restaurant to open at the Riviera...lol

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has announced a new coffee shop coming to the Boardwalk -

“Let’s kick things off with something I’m very excited about – a new coffee shop will be opening soon – Carousel Coffee! This new location will be guests’ new go-to spot for their favorite coffee beverages, tea options, and some mouthwatering pastries to indulge in. This location will feature Artisan Roasted Joffrey’s Coffee in its yummy sips.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom