New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

Bocabear

What happened to all the Jersey Shore Boardwalk and Miss America theming that used to be in the candy shop?
That would have added a little placemaking to the Deli... Maybe a big extended striped awning for shade projecting off the front of the building with some table seating... God knows there is plenty of empty space to do it, and it would sure make it more pleasant....it would also add a little Jersey Shore Boardwalk feel to the place...

Smiley/OCD

The bottom line is this…if they don’t serve pork roll (Taylor ham) egg and cheese on a bagel, I don’t care WHERE they say it’s based on, it AIN’T Jersey…end of discussion. They’re gonna serve pastrami but NOT corned beef and it’s cold? Well, that AIN’T NY either…let Disney say it’s based on “northeastern” delis…if that’s the backstory they want you to believe, fine…we KNOW it ain’t the truth!!
That’s why I always bring 2 shirts to wear every time I go down…my Rutt’s Hut and my Jimmy Buffs and I’m happy to advertise REAL Jersey food! ( you’d be surprised how many people come up to me when I wear them…)

Bocabear

The redo of the sign is cheap, lacking attention to detail, and bad show. IMHO.

Not the Disney I used to admire.
That seems to be the current state of things unfortunately. While the Boardwalk is having some changes to the lineup, it would have been nice to have seen them really address the Boardwalk area in a meaningful way... So add more seating to the Deli/Bakery...Make it actually nice. Add more retail, Add more... Disney Springs is packed all the time... What about the multiple resorts in that hub having a place to shop and dine with entertainment... but better with more capacity as opposed to adding pre-made sandwiches to the existing underwhelming bakery and calling it a great new dining option. The Boardwalk has never lived up to what it could and should be...

dreday3

As a frequent guest in the Epcot resort loop, I don't want to see Boardwalk built up all that much more. No need for all those extra crowds, no need to be a mini-Disney Springs.

With Abracada-Bar (sp?), Flying Fish, Trattoria, the Bakery (yes, agree sign is awful), Cake Place, Jelly Rolls, Ale & Compass, Cape May, Beaches and Cream and all the Swolphin places- there is plenty for resort guests of the area to do. Not to mention the games, kiosks and nightly entertainment and World Showcase is practically the backyard.

It's a great resort complex, which in our opinion is what it should stay. It doesn't need to be a destination. Poly gets low marks on our end because of that.

Just needs some TLC. (and apparently more seating!) :D

UNCgolf

As a frequent guest in the Epcot resort loop, I don't want to see Boardwalk built up all that much more. No need for all those extra crowds, no need to be a mini-Disney Springs.

With Abracada-Bar (sp?), Flying Fish, Trattoria, the Bakery (yes, agree sign is awful), Cake Place, Jelly Rolls, Ale & Compass, Cape May, Beaches and Cream and all the Swolphin places- there is plenty for resort guests of the area to do. Not to mention the games, kiosks and nightly entertainment and World Showcase is practically the backyard.

It's a great resort complex, which in our opinion is what it should stay. It doesn't need to be a destination. Poly gets low marks on our end because of that.

Just needs some TLC. (and apparently more seating!) :D

Transportation makes it difficult to be much more than a set of amenities for the EPCOT resorts (and Swan and Dolphin) anyways. It's difficult to get to/from there otherwise without using Uber/Lyft.

We like to leave EPCOT at night and go over -- either for a meal at Flying Fish or a pizza from the window, and then maybe stop in at Jellyrolls -- but then it's Uber/Lyft to get back to wherever else we are staying.

Aries1975

The bottom line is this…if they don’t serve pork roll (Taylor ham) egg and cheese on a bagel, I don’t care WHERE they say it’s based on, it AIN’T Jersey…end of discussion. They’re gonna serve pastrami but NOT corned beef and it’s cold? Well, that AIN’T NY either…let Disney say it’s based on “northeastern” delis…if that’s the backstory they want you to believe, fine…we KNOW it ain’t the truth!!
That’s why I always bring 2 shirts to wear every time I go down…my Rutt’s Hut and my Jimmy Buffs and I’m happy to advertise REAL Jersey food! ( you’d be surprised how many people come up to me when I wear them…)
It’s bad enough they are pre-made sandwiches, but please leave them dry. Dijonase or any kind of “aioli” does NOT belong on pastrami.

bhg469

Once again Disney underwhelms with pre-made bland sandwiches that have little competition on their “real world” counterparts. Such a missEd opportunity to drive traffic to the Boardwalk.
Boardwalk does get pretty busy though.. Its the other end where the dance hall and jellyrolls is that is fairly dead but there really isn't room down there. IMO before they drive traffic there, they need to figure out a parking situation that doesn't involve several busses to get there to spend money.

UNCgolf

Boardwalk does get pretty busy though.. Its the other end where the dance hall and jellyrolls is that is fairly dead but there really isn't room down there. IMO before they drive traffic there, they need to figure out a parking situation that doesn't involve several busses to get there to spend money.

Jellyrolls gets relatively busy at night -- I don't think the Dance Hall ever does, except maybe from the occasional convention.

Last time we were there they were 30-40 people at Jellyrolls. Didn't go into the Dance Hall because I both don't care about the music they play and don't want to spend $20 or whatever they charge as a cover, but it looked completely empty.

bhg469

Jellyrolls gets relatively busy at night -- I don't think the Dance Hall ever does, except maybe from the occasional convention.

Last time we were there they were 30-40 people at Jellyrolls. Didn't go into the Dance Hall because I both don't care about the music they play and don't want to spend $20 or whatever they charge as a cover, but it looked completely empty.
I have also never set foot in the dance hall... Could probably house a couple places.. Jellyrolls is always busy whenever I go. Its a bit of a slow burn on the weekdays they are open but the weekends is pretty packed.

Bocabear

The Dance Hall has been used for special events mostly and occasionally they a DJ.
It is a gorgeous space, so if it is ever open while you are there, poke your head in...
one of the more beautiful rooms...gorgeously them art deco ballroom.

LSLS

I've gone to the dance hall a few times years ago. Usually very dead, but the venue was cool and easy getting drinks. BUT, there was never any cover charge. Are they charging to go there now? No way I'd go if I had to pay to get in.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Is there actual 'dancing' at Atlantic Dance Hall, like in a nightclub?

Last edited:

UNCgolf

The Dance Hall has been used for special events mostly and occasionally they a DJ.
It is a gorgeous space, so if it is ever open while you are there, poke your head in...
one of the more beautiful rooms...gorgeously them art deco ballroom.

The only way I'd go into the Dance Hall is if they had a live band/orchestra playing standards. That's what it should be for the location, and it would also be far more interesting.

From a financial standpoint I can't imagine that would work, though, and I'm sure they aren't going to do that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom