New enhancements coming to WDW's Haunted Mansion for the 50th anniversary?

Dragonman

Original awning

Rich Brownn

It didn’t even last a year without the canopy. Turns out it’s hot and rainy in Florida, who knew?

But you can tell the house was designed without it. The forced perspective works so much better.

And unfortunately they got rid of those lampposts along the outer wall of the queue when the awning was widened in 2007.
Apparently the designers in California didn't know. They had to add covers to the queue for Hall of Presidents (its a snack place now), had to take out two stores to route Country Bear through the inside, and neglected to cover the Mad Tea Party which made bailing out teacups fun. By the time Pirates was added, they had learned their lessons.

Bocabear

Apparently the designers in California didn't know. They had to add covers to the queue for Hall of Presidents (its a snack place now), had to take out two stores to route Country Bear through the inside, and neglected to cover the Mad Tea Party which made bailing out teacups fun. By the time Pirates was added, they had learned their lessons.
When the canopy was smaller and single-wide you could be in line and still see the house on the hill looming over you... the new triple wide canopy is so huge you can see nothing once you are in line except canopy and the garden retaining wall... Which is a real shame... I guess the FastpassPlus system has created these unusually long lines...even for rides like HM that rarely had much of a wait.
Perhaps a smaller canopy and a line routed through the old Keel Boat docks could help bring back the view and style...retheme the Keel Boat structure to look like a carriage house and stables for the Mansion...

Dragonman

When the canopy was smaller and single-wide you could be in line and still see the house on the hill looming over you... the new triple wide canopy is so huge you can see nothing once you are in line except canopy and the garden retaining wall... Which is a real shame... I guess the FastpassPlus system has created these unusually long lines...even for rides like HM that rarely had much of a wait.
Perhaps a smaller canopy and a line routed through the old Keel Boat docks could help bring back the view and style...retheme the Keel Boat structure to look like a carriage house and stables for the Mansion...

That’s a great idea honestly, the Keel Boat house has been basically neglected and unchanged since it lost its original purpose. Also it could tie into the hearse in the queue.

po1998

Apparently the spirit portraits in Momento Mori are no longer available. Real shame, one of the coolest souvenirs available in the parks.
That reminds me...I had one done a few years back, and I honestly have no idea where it is. I definitely brought it home. After that...????

ObscurityPoint

Really hope they give the exterior a new lighting package like it had when it first opened. Also remove the red tarp above the cue in exchange for a more generic color (see photos above).
As for the interior, WDW’s mansion should install a Hatbox Ghost and web man. The Hitchhiking Ghost effect should also be restored, even if it is a temporary thing.
I’d love to see the beating heart bride come back too to sync along with Hatty, but that may be asking for too much. If it were one or the other, I’d take Hatbox Ghost anyday.

Dragonman

I think it’s extremely weird how no legitimate pictures of the web man have surfaced. All we have is concept art and show scene diagrams. I know it was supposedly removed due to Nunis complaining it “looked stupid” (Same reason the Jungle Cruise frogs were removed). If we have pre opening photos of Hatbox and the original California bride then there must be some sort of company or employee photographic evidence out there.

He was supposedly stored under the omnimover motors in the graveyard as an employee scare joke but that’s all we really know based on employee accounts. No one bothered to provide pictures. If he’s still there I hope he gets reinstalled.
https://longforgottenhauntedmansion.blogspot.com/2014/09/?m=1

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It seems that they've recently enhanced some of the audio in the Corridor of Doors. Louder, more realistic knocking sounds, screams/shrieks a little more prevalent, and the last door which used to have the skeleton hands prying it open has the growling goul sound effect behind it again. I'm very pleased with these changes!

I don't know if Louder is technically better. I always thought it was audio overload to begin with... But maybe that was the idea. Good to hear though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom