New enhancements coming to WDW's Haunted Mansion for the 50th anniversary?

DisneyCane

I have no axe to grind. just pointing out the attitude of most wdw park goers that florida's magic kingdom is superior to disneyland when that is certainly not the case. no personal axe to grind. again facts don't care about your feelings
Living in FL but having been to both Disneyland is definitely superior to MK. The only exception is Cinderella Castle is nicer than sleeping beauty castle.

Bocabear

Disneyland has an intimate scale that the Magic Kingdom does not have...Their Fantasyland is more charming, they actually have more attractions than we have here in Fl... Of course we have more parks, but those all seem to be unfinished and short on attractions. I am hoping the Magic Kingdom gets more love than Tron and a few enhancements... As the most popular of their parks in FL it sure deserves to have a bit more love.

cheezbat

Disneyland has an intimate scale that the Magic Kingdom does not have...Their Fantasyland is more charming, they actually have more attractions than we have here in Fl... Of course we have more parks, but those all seem to be unfinished and short on attractions. I am hoping the Magic Kingdom gets more love than Tron and a few enhancements... As the most popular of their parks in FL it sure deserves to have a bit more love.
As the most popular park on the PLANET it deserves to have a LOT more love.

Dragonman

As I mentioned before here’s the story about a cast member rescuing one of the original red COD lighting covers from the dumpster during the 07 enhancement.

eddie104

The whole DL vs WDW is frankly silly and very immature considering they essentially have the same attractions give or take a couple. I know its fun to compare the two resorts but it gets very old with the type of comments I see from certain individuals. You don't get a cookie or special prize for being better just some validation which you shouldn't need if your the better park(s).

Dragonman

Does Florida’s Mansion have any other long gone missing effects that I’m not aware of?

Web man
Pop up screams
Purple Shroud
Sinister 11
Spiders
La La Singer
Attic Bats/Pop Ups
HHG Mirror animatronics
Hands on door
COD Red lighting

Sped2424

The whole DL vs WDW is frankly silly and very immature considering they essentially have the same attractions give or take a couple. I know its fun to compare the two resorts but it gets very old with the type of comments I see from certain individuals. You don't get a cookie or special prize for being better just some validation which you shouldn't need if your the better park(s).
I agree the debate in this thread is silly.. however I would say it's more than a couple attractions!

Dragonman

The only known rare images of the original Florida attic bride, notice she has human hands for some reason in the first picture:

Images of her are very scarce unlike the California one. I’ve only ever seen 2 images and video footage of her from 1976:

I used the video footage to create a photoshop of the Daveland pic under ride lighting:

Last edited:
As much as I absolutely love Hattie, I think that he should be an exclusive to the original Mansion, mainly because of the whole backstory and lore surrounding him.
WDW, however, should take advantage of advanced AA technology (like the Shaman in Pandora) and create a new character somewhere in the Mansion. The only thing I would be worried about with that would be the new technology making all of the other ghosts look bad in comparison, and just feel out of place. But I’m sure that they’d be able to integrate something like that. Maybe something based on the original concept art. We all know there’s a ton of stuff to work with there.
I don’t know, just rambling. 😂

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
WDW, however, should take advantage of advanced AA technology (like the Shaman in Pandora) and create a new character somewhere in the Mansion. The only thing I would be worried about with that would be the new technology making all of the other ghosts look bad in comparison, and just feel out of place.
I've had this exact thought. The Hatbox ghosts look too smooth in comparison to the robotic movements of all the other figures in the mansion. If they made his movements more "retro" he would have blended better. Also turn down his brightness levels.

They could use modern AA tech to make a new bride. That would be cool, plus the current one sucks really bad.
That would be pretty cool. Disney said the “Spectral Bride” would be in the Boo To You Parade this year and people are thinking it may be a hint at a new Bride. I think that people might be looking too far into it, but I wouldn’t be opposed if they updated her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom