New Early morning Studios upcharge event

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
facepalm.jpeg

.....and oh yeah....welcome to the new Disney *sigh*

mikeh

Yeah, this should have been Epcot. Not including ToT and RnRC seems like an oversight, but I guess that would require them opening the whole park

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When will it end? I wouldn't pay ANYthing extra for ANYthing at the Studios right now. It's not even a 1/2 day park in it's current state
When attendance at these events drops to a point where they are no longer profitable. Given that they are extending the original days, it would appear that more than enough people are willing to pay and it will continue for the foreseeable future.

Animaniac93-98

I honestly dont think its a terrible deal, but the logistics kill it for me. To consume all the components offered, you would eat into an hour of prime ride time and then be stuck waiting for TOT and RNR.

Given most of the offerings center around meet and greets and Toy Story I think they're aiming at families with young children for this, just like Fantasyland morning. They may not care for ToT and RnRc.

dm11

Just unbelievable. While I really appreciate recent park upgrades, be it significant updates (Soarin', Toy Story, Safaris, etc) or new offerings (ROL - well, almost, Frozen Ever After, etc) as well as all the upcoming stuff (Pandora, SWL, TSL, GotG, etc), things like this just drive me crazy.

Money grab, pure and simple. Park tickets are expensive as is, and they are charging extra for an hour on 2 rides plus some M&Gs? And I do not buy the argument that it is my choice to pay and if I don't that it does not affect me. I think it does affect everybody:
1) Takes an hour from park upkeep,
2) When regular guests enter at rope drop there are already people in line at certain attractions affecting your wait time.

Jon81uk

When attendance at these events drops to a point where they are no longer profitable. Given that they are extending the original days, it would appear that more than enough people are willing to pay and it will continue for the foreseeable future.

and at the Magic Kingdom the morning magic has some value. You can get on the most popular ride first, be first in line at other Fantasyland attractions (Fairytale Hall) and then get breakfast.

But at DHS, Mickey/Minnie and Olaf haven't got long waits and Toy Story wait has improve recently so there is no value in the morning package.

As others noted there is more value at Epcot due to Frozen, but as everything is so spread out it would be harder to get everything in and eat breakfast.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
and at the Magic Kingdom the morning magic has some value. You can get on the most popular ride first, be first in line at other Fantasyland attractions (Fairytale Hall) and then get breakfast.

But at DHS, Mickey/Minnie and Olaf haven't got long waits and Toy Story wait has improve recently so there is no value in the morning package.

As others noted there is more value at Epcot due to Frozen, but as everything is so spread out it would be harder to get everything in and eat breakfast.
Value is relative to the individual consumer. Just because this event has no value for you or I does not mean it does not have value for someone else. Since this made it past the test period it would appear that it does have value to enough guests.

wdwfan22

Guests seem to love these events as they fill up quickly. I think most like it because they get more time in the park. I even know a few people that purchased the Magic Kingdom one more then once on their vacation.

ToTBellHop

I don't think it would be unreasonable to do it at Epcot with Frozen, the A&E M&G, and Test Track open with breakfast at Odyssey.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

oh I know...it was sarcasm. I'm so sick of up-charge events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom