New DVC Resort

oldkeyw

Nothing about it in the DVC e-newsletter that just came in this week...they usually pass along stuff like this. Seems to me we heard about Saratoga Springs pretty early on...

jjwalkingjim

Dvc

It is my understanding that in 2007 they will remove the west garden wing at the Contemp and begin to build a new DVC on that location.

MartyMouse

jjwalkingjim said:
It is my understanding that in 2007 they will remove the west garden wing at the Contemp and begin to build a new DVC on that location.

No. I hope not. The DVC is cool and all but how many rooms will they need? Saratoga Springs is so big, do they need more?

cindy_k

MartyMouse said:
No. I hope not. The DVC is cool and all but how many rooms will they need? Saratoga Springs is so big, do they need more?
I am guessing that they will keep building them as long as they continue to sell well. They really are a win win win for Disney. Members buy into the resort covering the construction costs, pay maintenance fee to keep the resort running, and then come down to Disney a lot and spend more money in the parks.
Of course as a member with points in Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs I am very guilty of doing just this. :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
jjwalkingjim said:

Hehe, it'd be kinda hard to do considering the Contemporary only has North and South garden wings ;)

All kidding aside, I think they'd have made the announcement for the change-over already, as the building was already closed for rehab for some time now, but Disney works in strange ways.

wdwishes2005

in response to the OP, i never got the wole DISNEY vacation club, when most of the hotels are not near WDW and DL. anyone willing to respond?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, there are the "real" DVC properties at WDW, which are nice (Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas and i'm thinking i forgot one or two..) plus the two not on site (Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach Resort). All the other properties arent owned by Disney but DVC folks can use their points to stay there through an agreement within the companies.

Magic Maker

DVC is a good investment. And once a particular DVC resort is sold on all possible "ownerships" there has to be a great supply of rooms.

soccer9miahamm

I don't know how credible this info. is, but in July, a bus driver was talking about how they would eventually tear down Port Orleans to put in a new vacation club.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
soccer9miahamm said:
I don't know how credible this info. is, but in July, a bus driver was talking about how they would eventually tear down Port Orleans to put in a new vacation club.

That info is 0% credible. Tip off? Bus driver.

M:SpilotISTC12

I have heard that they are building a DVC ski resort in Germany. I read it was coming in a DVC info book Disney sent us. Did they ever follow through with it?

BeachClubVillas

There are already existing resorts in Hawaii and Germany that we can use our Disney points, just like we would at a DVC resort. But I highly doubt that they're going to build a DVC resort in Hawaii or Germany. The whole point of DVC is to give guests the option of "owning" a piece of Disney.

As for the DVC in the Contemporary, it's pretty much a done deal. They're doing the construction, and there's a DVC info booth in the Contemporary concourse trying to sell it to people. As for Port Orleans, I doubt they're going to tear it down to build a DVC. First of all, that would leave them with only two moderate resorts on property. That's not really enough. Secondly, that would put three DVC resorts in a row (OKW, SS, and PO). I would think they'd try to spread out more across the property. That's why the Contemporary makes sense...there's no DVC resort in the MK area yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom