New DVC Lounge Epcot

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We did a 2br Savannah view room at Kidani.. and had the best room in the house (the closes to the lobby, just past the elevators), but we had to borrow most of next years points for the trip (in November).. but we got to take the grandparents and a cousin.. so it was worth it!

Awesome! Would love for our family to join us one day too.
And Yes our home is Kidani so we often stay there (but also love VGF and several others) in a Savannah view room so that eats up the points. It's just me and the hubby usually but are spoiled to the extra room and amenities in the villas vs a studio. ;)

yedliW

Awesome! Would love for our family to join us one day too.
And Yes our home is Kidani so we often stay there (but also love VGF and several others) in a Savannah view room so that eats up the points. It's just me and the hubby usually but are spoiled to the extra room and amenities in the villas vs a studio. ;)

I love having the 3rd bathroom if you have that many people.. it makes mornings go that much smoother! :) (shh.. but don't tell anyone.. let that be our little secret! ;) )

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Any interesting drinks in the Coke freestyle machines? Can I make myself an orange Coke?

Didn't notice, but I haven't seen anyone point out that there is an actual snack cart. A dude was wheeling it around and it had chips, granola bars, various types of common theater candies. Also, charging cables for things that need charging. iPads, desktops hooked up to printers....not bad.

Beacon Joe

The DVC lounge was a really nice touch and a great place to take a 30-45 minutes to simply sit, relax, and recharge.

I really hope that they keep it beyond this year. If the beancounters are reading this: the time I spent in the lounge (and the handful of sodas and cups of coffee we consumed) translated into us staying at EPCOT longer than we planned. Consequently, we added several more hours to our day, which meant more money spent at Mouse Gear, Mitsukoshi, various beer carts, and the Mexican pavilion.:D

ETA: and yes, I was able to make my orange Coke, the poor man's Mezzo Mix.

Beacon Joe

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

To ask if anybody's heard any rumors about the lounge remaining open past 2017... any word?

Scubacat

I remember seeing it is staying through 2018 at least, but can’t find the article. ;)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nish-strong-with-membership-magic-ever-after/

Member Lounge: Launched in 2016 as part of our Disney Vacation Club celebration of “25 years and beyond,” the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcotbecame an instant hit, welcoming more than 180,000 Members and special guests to this secluded (and delightfully air-conditioned) space during its first year. The lounge’s popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I’m pleased to report that it’s currently scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. Stop by the lounge (entering through the Imagination! Pavilion’s merchandise shop) between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating areas, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi service, device-charging stations, computers with printers, a children’s play area, access to Member Service Advisors and more.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nish-strong-with-membership-magic-ever-after/

Member Lounge: Launched in 2016 as part of our Disney Vacation Club celebration of “25 years and beyond,” the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcotbecame an instant hit, welcoming more than 180,000 Members and special guests to this secluded (and delightfully air-conditioned) space during its first year. The lounge’s popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I’m pleased to report that it’s currently scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. Stop by the lounge (entering through the Imagination! Pavilion’s merchandise shop) between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating areas, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi service, device-charging stations, computers with printers, a children’s play area, access to Member Service Advisors and more.

Thank you I knew I had read it not long ago! ;)

eliza61nyc

Great news. I have two trips planned next year both during the warmer months and it's a great place to take a break, I'd love it if they extended it to the other parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree. One lounge at each park would be cool and it could be a huge selling feature. People like exclusive, members only stuff. There are several barely used food spaces in MK where they could easily carve out a little space and DHS is a huge construction site so it would be easy to build in to one of the new areas (SW DVC Lounge :)). I’m sure they could find a spot at AK too.

nickys

Premium Member
I agree. One lounge at each park would be cool and it could be a huge selling feature. People like exclusive, members only stuff. There are several barely used food spaces in MK where they could easily carve out a little space and DHS is a huge construction site so it would be easy to build in to one of the new areas (SW DVC Lounge :)). I’m sure they could find a spot at AK too.

Hopefully they would have restrooms in them ;) That's the only thing I don't like about the Epcot lounge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom