New Disney Visa Promotion

yankspy

Original Poster
I just got something in the mail that said that from July 1st-September 30th Disney Visa will give 5x the reward dollars on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. The 5x starts after $250.00 is charged each month. Anything over that earns 5x the dollars. There are some restrictions that are too long to type here but if you go the web site I am sure you can read further. I just thought some might be interested in this.:wave:

tinkfan05

I got the same promotion, with the exception that I don't get the 5x rewards until I spend $750 each month. Hopefully mine was a typo? :shrug:

mickeymouse090

I have the Disney Visa, but haven't received anything on it. I hope I get one too! Does it say anything about booking your vacation & getting points for that. I will be booking mine next month & those would be great points to have for when I actually go to The World! :sohappy:

Tigger 68

Mine is for after $1200. I charge everything possible on that card and pay it off the next day just to max out the Disney dollars. There was a limit on mine though. One month I spent atleast $4500 and all they gave me in return for the month was 30 Disney dollars.

yankspy

Original Poster
I have the Disney Visa, but haven't received anything on it. I hope I get one too! Does it say anything about booking your vacation & getting points for that. I will be booking mine next month & those would be great points to have for when I actually go to The World! :sohappy:
It does not say anything about the 5x points for booking vacations. It is odd that many people have these different threshholds that are high because they have capped off the max. points at 100 for the whole promo. I would think that would stop anyone from gaining too many.

pacochran

Mine is for after $1200. I charge everything possible on that card and pay it off the next day just to max out the Disney dollars. There was a limit on mine though. One month I spent atleast $4500 and all they gave me in return for the month was 30 Disney dollars.

That's strang, I wonder if this is by customer, because last month we had a lot of big purchases and charged more than that and I got all the Disney $, they didn't limit them.

imamouse

I've never gotten the 5x Magic Rewards dollars offer *pouts*. We charge everything to our Disney Visa and then pay it off in full each month. If this promotion is to encourage card holders to use their card, then I can see why we'd be skipped. Still, I'd love to get extra Magic Rewards dollars!

alyssa1024

I just applied for the Disney Rewards card.... is it as good as it sounds?? with getting discounts on tickets, rooms, and other stuff??? because that promotion sounds great!

yankspy

Original Poster
I've never gotten the 5x Magic Rewards dollars offer *pouts*. We charge everything to our Disney Visa and then pay it off in full each month. If this promotion is to encourage card holders to use their card, then I can see why we'd be skipped. Still, I'd love to get extra Magic Rewards dollars!
Try calling them. Maybe they will give it to you.

Ausdaddy

I just applied for the Disney Rewards card.... is it as good as it sounds?? with getting discounts on tickets, rooms, and other stuff??? because that promotion sounds great!

You tend to get early access to discounts for packages. Discounts at certain places. If you go to Disney quite a bit, it's worth it.

Jekyll_Baker

I believe that the offer is sent to "random" customers. I've gotten it two or three times, last time being back in January. And I'm sure the amount that has to be reached does depend on the individual's spending habits (I've only ever had to reach $250, but I don't usually have more than $300 a month on the card, and pay it off each month)

Disneyfalcon

I didn't get the offer either!! In fact we've stopped using it because I was getting so tired of reading about other people's offers and us never getting one!

We used to charge everything on it and pay it off every month. Now we've started using our United Visa. Maybe Disney will miss us and give us an offer!:)

Computer Magic

That promotion goes on every year and is a RIP OFF :fork:

You have to charge a certain dollar amount (based on what you currently charge monthly) on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. This year mine was $750. Then after the $750 is spent, you receive 5x on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. so if you charge $1000, you get 5x on the $250, which equals about $15. Now how many charges $1000 on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines in one month?

nibblesandbits

Yeah...my rate is always some abnormally high rate...and it's like...um, I can't do that.

I haven't gotten one for these months, but I usually do get them...I had them for the last few months...and had to spend $900...but I can't get near that on just the things they had listed alone. So, it is kind of a rip off.

Lucky

I've been charging $0 on mine lately, so my threshold before the 5x kicks in might be $0, or some other low number. They're rewarding people more who have been using their card less? Seems like a perverse marketing strategy.

Phonedave

That promotion goes on every year and is a RIP OFF :fork:

You have to charge a certain dollar amount (based on what you currently charge monthly) on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. This year mine was $750. Then after the $750 is spent, you receive 5x on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines. so if you charge $1000, you get 5x on the $250, which equals about $15. Now how many charges $1000 on dining, groceries, gas, and airlines in one month?

With gas prices going as they are? :)

Maybe you should buy a large tank and stockpile gasoline :D

-dave

yankspy

Original Poster
Sorry to bump this but Disney Visa has just extended the 5x rewards points to October thru December. For those who may not know, everything you spend over and above a certain amount on groceries, gas, dining, and airlines will earn you 5x the points. For me, I have to spend $250.00 before it starts. It varies for people depending on their spending habits. This is a good deal as long as you pay it off regularly. I have earned about 100 points in the previous three months.

mousefan1972

Sorry to bump this but Disney Visa has just extended the 5x rewards points to October thru December. For those who may not know, everything you spend over and above a certain amount on groceries, gas, dining, and airlines will earn you 5x the points. For me, I have to spend $250.00 before it starts. It varies for people depending on their spending habits. This is a good deal as long as you pay it off regularly. I have earned about 100 points in the previous three months.

Not everyone that has a Disney Visa gets this promotion, though. It is a marketing offer that is supposedly "random". (kind of like the Disney PIN number discounts.....) :rolleyes: At least that is what the phone rep I spoke to last week said....

I got a card in the mail yesterday for this offer, for October, November and December. My threshold for the 5X rewards is $750, though. Makes it a little tougher to earn those extra rewards....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom