New Disney Resort, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
No rules. No restrictions. No boundaries. Nothing but pure, fun, good old-fashioned armchair Imagineering. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what armchair Imagineering is and always will be all about - fun. Everyone and anyone is welcome to come forward with ideas and dreams in regards to a new, yet-to-be-titled Disney resort somewhere on (or off) the Planet Earth.

The sky's the limit here. No idea is too big, or too small. If you can dream it, you can do it.

To start, I'd like to suggest a variation on the typical Magic Kingdom-style Park. What if we took a cue from DisneySea and centered the entire park around a large body of water rather than a traditional Hub & Spoke layout?

I'd like to tag a few users who'd be a great help in this decidedly epic undertaking.

@MonorailRed, @TheOriginalTiki, @JokersWild, @spacemt354, @Twilight_Roxas, @DisneyManOne, @mharrington, @monkey92514.

Let the Imagineering begin!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Maybe each land could have an icon on the edge of the water. Like a riverboat for New Orleans Square or a Pirate ship for Adventure Land.

This is an idea that I could get behind. I'd think in this instance, we should stick to one consistent theme for each land, rather than a conjunction of different sub-lands and ideas. Like Adventureland is just themed to a jungle, no pirates, no Aladdin, etc.

Better yet, this large lagoon could be used for a truly spectacular bit of nighttime entertainment.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This is an idea that I could get behind. I'd think in this instance, we should stick to one consistent theme for each land, rather than a conjunction of different sub-lands and ideas. Like Adventureland is just themed to a jungle, no pirates, no Aladdin, etc.

Better yet, this large lagoon could be used for a truly spectacular bit of nighttime entertainment.
Yes! Like Rivers of Light except it actually opens at some point!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Haha. One of my biggest disappointments from my recent WDW trip was the lack of said show... It was The Jungle Book show at the time and yeah, it wasn't anything special.

I'm thinking a show along the lines of World of Color meets Fantasmic. A special effects extravaganza with a heartfelt storyline.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
If anyone else would like to throw in some ideas, please feel free. :)

One of my favorite websites, Ideal Build-Out by S.W. Wilson, actually has an older concept that is somewhat similar to the general idea that we have in mind. Observe.

Blog%2B-%2BMumbai%2BDisneyland%2B-%2BPhase%2BIV.PNG

Pretty neat, huh? Due credit must be given to S.W. Wilson. Here is a link to his site: http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/s...:00-08:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

Though the above map is not entirely what we had in mind, it is a great starting point, particularly in regards to the layout, lagoon placement and icon location. I for one would love to have a 1920s Main Street, U.S.A. If not that, perhaps a San Francisco-themed Main Street? Heck, even a New York City Main Street?

One of my latest "obsessions" delves in the recent hype of "nocturnal" parades; i.e. Paint the Night, Main Street Electrical, Dream Lights, etc. To me, the nostalgic concept truly captures the essence of classic Disney through such simple means. Heck, even with a massive lagoon in the core of our park, we could still have an electrical parade of the sort trailing down the park's main thoroughfare(s).

kmbmw777

One of my favorite websites, Ideal Build-Out by S.W. Wilson, actually has an older concept that is somewhat similar to the general idea that we have in mind. Observe.

Pretty neat, huh? Due credit must be given to S.W. Wilson. Here is a link to his site: http://idealbuildout.blogspot.com/s...:00-08:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false

Though the above map is not entirely what we had in mind, it is a great starting point, particularly in regards to the layout, lagoon placement and icon location. I for one would love to have a 1920s Main Street, U.S.A. If not that, perhaps a San Francisco-themed Main Street? Heck, even a New York City Main Street?

One of my latest "obsessions" delves in the recent hype of "nocturnal" parades; i.e. Paint the Night, Main Street Electrical, Dream Lights, etc. To me, the nostalgic concept truly captures the essence of classic Disney through such simple means. Heck, even with a massive lagoon in the core of our park, we could still have an electrical parade of the sort trailing down the park's main thoroughfare(s).
What this reminds me of is an old project I remember @MonorailRed posting about designing a Magic Kingdom in the layout of UniversL Studios Florida.

kmbmw777

What this reminds me of is an old project I remember @MonorailRed posting about designing a Magic Kingdom in the layout of UniversL Studios Florida.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster

I can totally see the similarities in that. :p Haha, what are the odds? I wanted to make a pun with "Red" in it, but it didn't bleed through... Oh well. Lol.

Would love to hear some feedback from @mharrington in regards to this park in general. :)

One thought that comes to mind - using Prince Eric's Castle as the park's icon, given the central lagoon of the park. If our park has an ongoing aquatic theme, The Little Mermaid seems like the best option, really. Heck, even the village seen in The Little Mermaid lends itself to a Fantasyland-type setting.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This is kind of off topic from what we have been talking about so far, but do we want something new instead of Fronteirland? Don't get me wrong, I love Fronteirland. But it is the one Castle Park genre land where the genre has more or less died out. Maybe we should do what Shanghai did and choose a new genre. (Granted, spoiler alert, I'm still doing a fronteirland in my park, but taking up a smaller foot print. So, I don't think the idea is totally outdated).

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This is kind of off topic from what we have been talking about so far, but do we want something new instead of Fronteirland? Don't get me wrong, I love Fronteirland. But it is the one Castle Park genre land where the genre has more or less died out. Maybe we should do what Shanghai did and choose a new genre. (Granted, spoiler alert, I'm still doing a fronteirland in my park, but taking up a smaller foot print. So, I don't think the idea is totally outdated).

Hmm... Good call. I'm also using Frontierland in my own dream resort. However, it does not hurt to explore a different medium.

If we truly wanted to maintain the western element in one of the lands, we could always do a land themed to the Klondike Gold Rush in Alaska and Canada. Imagine a Frontierland covered in ice and snow.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hmm... Good call. I'm also using Frontierland in my own dream resort. However, it does not hurt to explore a different medium.

If we truly wanted to maintain the western element in one of the lands, we could always do a land themed to the Klondike Gold Rush in Alaska and Canada. Imagine a Frontierland covered in ice and snow.
I like that!

And imagine the opportunities for Frozen toy sales!!! :p

Joking aside, I really like that idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom