News New 'Disney Junior Dance Party!' live show opening later this year at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Magic Feather

IIRC, this should mirror the DL show by having a character from each franchise pop out and dance for a segment led by the two hosts. The plan for costuming (last I checked) was Timon for Lion Guard, Vampirina for Vampirina, Doc for Doc McStuffins, and Mickey (and Minnie?) for Roadster Racers.
As a result, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a M&G swap and change during the refurb. Presumably boot Pluto for the Roadster Racer Goofy Costume that was developed, Leave Doc, Probably boot Jake for Vamp and Leave Sofia? (Educated Conjecture).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any update on the opening date for this? My 5 yo is hoping to see it when we are there at the end of September.

Based on the responses to questions on the Disney Blog... not likely. The old show closes Sept 1, and then they need to restage the facility for the dance party. Someone asked about Sept 9-14 and was told no... later in the fall.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oming-this-fall-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Also, the Disney help-wanted pages are auditioning for dance party animators/singers this week.

Brewmaster

Based on the responses to questions on the Disney Blog... not likely. The old show closes Sept 1, and then they need to restage the facility for the dance party. Someone asked about Sept 9-14 and was told no... later in the fall.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...oming-this-fall-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Also, the Disney help-wanted pages are auditioning for dance party animators/singers this week.
Thanks Mr.P, I had a feeling they wouldn’t be able to set up that quick. Cheers!

wishiwere@wdw

As a father of 4, we’ve probably seen nearly every variation of this show over the past 16 years (The original Playhouse Disney Bear show being the best lol) and I have to say, this is sad losing the puppetry. There’s a special connection the toddler crowds have with them for truly special memories. A dance party, while I’m sure energetic and fun, may have a harder time making that connection. We shall see. Curious if this related to Equity like the Disneyland situation?

Cmdr_Crimson

As a father of 4, we’ve probably seen nearly every variation of this show over the past 16 years (The original Playhouse Disney Bear show being the best lol) and I have to say, this is sad losing the puppetry. There’s a special connection the toddler crowds have with them for truly special memories. A dance party, while I’m sure energetic and fun, may have a harder time making that connection. We shall see. Curious if this related to Equity like the Disneyland situation?
Well, at least we have the Muppets in liberty square..Still it would be nice to have them in the studios as well doing some kind show over in Grand Ave..

mm52200

No nothing to do with the situation like it was in DCA. Our puppeteers aren’t equity, they’re actually in the character performer department, and receive a puppeteer premium, nothing close to what Equity makes. Ironically the new show will have two equity performers as opposed to the one that the show has had for a long time making it probably more expensive to operate.
My guess is that our show was probably due for a refresh with how the Disney Junior shows cycle. Rather than pay for a new show to be developed custom for WDW and our puppets it was probably cheaper just to use the new show that was developed for DCA last year.

brb1006

It will be using screens like the Disneyland version with a few character apperanes on stage. While the others appear on screen.

wishiwere@wdw

No nothing to do with the situation like it was in DCA. Our puppeteers aren’t equity, they’re actually in the character performer department, and receive a puppeteer premium, nothing close to what Equity makes. Ironically the new show will have two equity performers as opposed to the one that the show has had for a long time making it probably more expensive to operate.
My guess is that our show was probably due for a refresh with how the Disney Junior shows cycle. Rather than pay for a new show to be developed custom for WDW and our puppets it was probably cheaper just to use the new show that was developed for DCA last year.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation :)

Bacon

apparently, there's signs saying "under refurbishment" and most of the Disney Junior live on stage signage is still 100% in tact

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom