New digital seamless China film coming to China Pavilion

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing it has something to do with Shanghai Disneyland?

That was my first thought as well. I mean, it just doesn't seem logical that they would make an investment like this (because the new camera rigging, projection rigging, and certainly all of the new filming can't be cheep) unless there was some back-end reason... I would imagine that this undoubtedly includes a scene which features at least a fly-over of Shanghai Disneyland and I wouldn't be surprised to see this film somehow used at Shanghai Disneyland (maybe in a queue for a new/yet to be announced attraction or maybe something in their shopping district).

Last edited:

Oriolesmagic

Reversing the theatre entry and exit would do wonders if they're concerned about attendance (which isn't a primary concern)

Hadn't thought about that before, but you're absolutely right. Wouldn't be a difficult switch either, outside of ensuring that there was enough A/C for the people waiting for the movie.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hadn't thought about that before you're absolutely right. Wouldn't be a difficult switch either outside of ensuring that there was enough A/C for the people waiting for the movie.
Exactly. Having an obvious, visible entrance with waiting area off the Gardens could work wonders for today's not-what-they-used-to-be average guest.

Rowlet

I'm excited for a new movie for China and the seamless screens! I know the plans for Canada are cloudy but it would be nice if it got the same treatment (or better).

jt04

Hadn't thought about that before you're absolutely right. Wouldn't be a difficult switch either outside of ensuring that there was enough A/C for the people waiting for the movie.

I think word of mouth will be all that is required.

I have literally been waiting for this since AtB was in Tomorrowland. Finally the technology is available.

castlecake2.0

Exactly. Having an obvious, visible entrance with waiting area off the Gardens could work wonders for today's not-what-they-used-to-be average guest.

Canada is cursed because no one wants to climb all those stairs for the original entrance to the movie. When taking the no stair/garden path/wooden bridge route to the entrance the bridge is barely wide enough for an ecv to fit down it. We were told in our training for the pavilion it was set up so you would see historical Canada and end the tour with the film showing modern Canada before exiting through the garden. If they were to reverse this they would have to make the paths larger to accommodate the exiting show.

Hopefully the new film in China will be popular enough to warrant a Canada update. Maybe Justin Trudeau can host this version ;)

Mickey5150

The fact that this is all they're adding is disgraceful and borderline offensive. China has so much potential for legitimate attractions.

When are we going to see that realized, 2037?
Seriously? You truly need to take a deep breath and relax. Updating a film and giving it new technology is neither disgraceful or offensive. This is a theme park not a museum. Actually this wouldn't be disgraceful or offensive in a museum. Seriously?

doctornick

RoC is my favorite of the WS shows, so that makes me a little apprehensive of what might replace it (especially if it is IP heavy) but I'm cautiously optimistic and the seamless concept sounds cool.

tirian

Canada is cursed because no one wants to climb all those stairs for the original entrance to the movie. When taking the no stair/garden path/wooden bridge route to the entrance the bridge is barely wide enough for an ecv to fit down it. We were told in our training for the pavilion it was set up so you would see historical Canada and end the tour with the film showing modern Canada before exiting through the garden. If they were to reverse this they would have to make the paths larger to accommodate the exiting show.

Hopefully the new film in China will be popular enough to warrant a Canada update. Maybe Justin Trudeau can host this version ;)
I love those pathways through Canada; they feel like a secret corner of WDW.

Just4Pics

I think not having seating really holds people back. I go to IDF every time I'm in Epcot but rarely watch the China or Canada films. I can watch a film on youtube at home. I like films in theme parks because they entertain while also providing a break from all the walking and heat. On 95 degree days, which is most days, it just not worth it to stand to watch a movie. I'm sure others feel this way too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think not having seating really holds people back. I go to IDF every time I'm in Epcot but rarely watch the China or Canada films. I can watch a film on youtube at home. I like films in theme parks because they entertain while also providing a break from all the walking and heat. On 95 degree days, which is most days, it just not worth it to stand to watch a movie. I'm sure others feel this way too.
To be honest, WDW has had CV since 1971. If people can't stand up for 12 minutes in AC (the shows are not as long as they used to be) it's their loss.

Legal would never ride with benches or swivel seats due to the risk of people falling off.

Just4Pics

To be honest, WDW has had CV since 1971. If people can't stand up for 12 minutes in AC (the shows are not as long as they used to be) it's their loss.

Legal would never ride with benches or swivel seats due to the risk of people falling off.

Fair enough. I'd be happy if they'd just let me sit on the floor without having someone in there telling everyone to stand up.

They could even have one fewer cast member to pay. Seems like a win win lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom