New digital seamless China film coming to China Pavilion

NeXuS1000

The fact that anyone is complaining about this piece of news goes to show that Disney just can't do anything right.

They just announced 2 big E-tickets for Epcot - one brand new and another a clone - which in itself is pretty big. And with a promise of much more to come to FW.

People are scared of Disney changing the original formula of Epcot, but want it kept fresh and updated. So when Disney announces that an original attraction is being updated and modernized... they're suddenly at fault?

Could they build a new, big attraction at China? Certainly they could, but is that really a priority right now?

Could they have kept and just updated the Reflections of China movie? Suuure, but that would only please the absolute hardcore crowd and simply not be new enough to make the investment worthwhile.

So they are updating the tech, bringing a new movie that seemingly still follows the original principles and keeping this attraction that doesn't really fall within what the mainstream crowd is asking for... and you complain?

Wow...

Madame Medusa

Well I'm happier that it has updated technology rather than just a new film.

But I think adding more should definitely be a priority at this point in time. It's bad enough that World Showcase is so dominated by Europe as it is.

NeXuS1000

Well I'm happier that it has updated technology rather than just a new film.

But I think adding more should definitely be a priority at this point in time. It's bad enough that World Showcase is so dominated by Europe as it is.

The focus needs to be on adding more and keeping the existing offering up-to-date and fresh. Sometimes that means small updates, sometimes that means larger updates.

Right now, we're seeing a bit of both. RoC is fairly small update (won't raise that many eyebrows), GotG is a very big update and Rat is adding more.

Considering the current status of Epcot, I'd say they have a sufficient amount of rides, but most of them need major updates in either in the RoC scale or the GotG scale. A few additions would be nice, e.g. Brazil and something for WoL, but main priority should be ensuring that the space already occupied provides something exciting and of high quality (I'm looking at you, Imagination!)

Madame Medusa

You're right, a little goes a long way. But it's been so long since there was anything new at all, and World Showcase being expanded after 30 years of waiting was so exciting.

And agreed, Imagination has definitely got to go!

wdwgreek

Very refreshed foe this news. The video will no longer shower hing kong as it looked 15 years ago or ibm computers that look kike boxes. Looking forward to it.

raven

The future of O'Canada is still undecided.
While I admit I actually love that film, and might be the only one, it is a prime piece of property that begs for something new and exciting. Hopefully they can reopen those shops on the upper level as well. Canada is probably the weakest Pavilion at Epcot currently IMO.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I admit I actually love that film, and might be the only one, it is a prime piece of property that begs for something new and exciting. Hopefully they can reopen those shops on the upper level as well. Canada is probably the weakest Pavilion at Epcot currently IMO.
Reversing the theatre entry and exit would do wonders if they're concerned about attendance (which isn't a primary concern)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom